Question on Shooting Clothes

Shaft of Light

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Client wants the INSIDE of the arm holes and collar area to show, what is the most efficient way to achieve this and can it be done in one shot with a rig or wire harness? We have a lot of these to do and would like to do this without extensive photoshop work if possible, see here for an example:
Mens - Basketball

...can it be done in one shot with a rig or wire harness? ...

The orange Wildcats jersy I looked at gives the appearance of being shot on an internal frame or manikin. To get this effect, it would have to be tailored for the shape of the jersey so that it doesn't show in the shot. It was probably a hollow clear acrylic shell cut so that it didn't show in the arm holes or block the label. There seems to be evidence of some retouching to the left of the collar label where part of the manikin showed. If the manikin is clear, such retouching should be easy.

Yes, there are clear plastic armless/legless/headless mannequins that you can use. You should be able to find some online pretty easily, though I don't know what they cost as I've never had to look into getting one. I have seen them, though.

Most reactions

Back