Question on Wide angle shooting!

Mondocane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First, I would like to say hello to all. I was glad to find this site, and in my browsing found that there are some very knowledgeable photographers here. I hope that I will be able to learn some of the basics of photography here so I will have something to reminisce about in waning years. Anyway, I have a specific situation for which I need advice. I need a camera to take hi speed video of golf swings. The problem is the camera is approximately 4 feet from the subject and I need a field of view that is large enough to see the club head at takeaway and at the top of the back-swing. I only have about 400$ for camera. In my own research I found Casio FH25 and Fujifilm HS10/11 to meet my Hi speed needs but I don't know how to make them fit in the small area available. Thanks for wading through this lengthy post. I really appreciate any ideas on this. Thanks again for your response. Chip (Mondocane)

First, I would like to say hello to all. I was glad to find this site, and in my browsing found that there are some very knowledgeable photographers here. I hope that I will be able to learn some of the basics of photography here so I will have something to reminisce about in waning years. Anyway, I have a specific situation for which I need advice. I need a camera to take hi speed video of golf swings. The problem is the camera is approximately 4 feet from the subject and I need a field of view that is large enough to see the club head at takeaway and at the top of the back-swing. I only have about 400$ for camera. In my own research I found Casio FH25 and Fujifilm HS10/11 to meet my Hi speed needs but I don't know how to make them fit in the small area available. Thanks for wading through this lengthy post. I really appreciate any ideas on this. Thanks again for your response. Chip (Mondocane)

It's likely that three to ten times that much money would need to be spent to do this kind of work properly.

Welcome to the forums!

First and foremost, though, this is a photography forum. Not a videography forum. You're going to find that most people here deal strictly with photography. With this, I cannot say anything more. I hope someone else will chime in.

Also, $400 is most likely waaay too low to get what youre looking for. I dont know anything about pro video, but if its anythign like photography, it will be alot more than that..Good luck.

Mark

Thanks that's all we got for now. The cams I mentioned would do the trick if I could get them wider FOV

Most reactions

Back