Question regarding giving/getting photo credit

Figured I would keep everybody updated:

Heard back from one lawyer. Her retainer is quite a bit, as in I could buy a new camera body for less!
Waiting to hear back from another, and also got in contact with Carolyn of Photo Attorney and waiting to hear back from her!

I would hope that I don't get "black listed" because of something like this, that would be silly and dumb.

Progress is happening. Should have an actual update here in a few days/a week, I doubt anybody is following this anymore but figured I'd keep it updated for anybody in the future. Don't let this happen to you! I have had many people tell me to just "ignore" the issue, sorry don't like being stepped on like this.

Would like to thank KmH once again for all of his help, and for referring me to photoattorney.

Also would like to thank everybody for all of their input! :)

I too am following. Hoping for a favorable ending for the "good guys". (you) ;)

I really hope I could update faster but the legal process is a very slow one. I will say that legal action has been taken though. By Wednesday I should know whether it was successful, if not the next step in the legal process. If I end up getting a settlement and working it out, I am going to try and get an agreement where I can discuss the details (most likely opting out the company name and settlement amount) so that I can outline what should be done, from personal experience, to other photographers in the future! Stay tuned!

Small update: My lawyer has been in talks with the CEO of the company, who talked with their media guy, who said I was leaving out parts of the story. Awesome. Now, my lawyer is awaiting a response from the company's lawyer (I believe) and has been for about a month and a half now. We will see how it goes. I hope everybody has had a fun and safe new year so far!

Mind sharing the image that started all this?

Mind sharing the image that started all this?

Unfortunately I don't think that would be a smart decision until after the suit is settled. Once the suit is settled I will be posting a whole write up and such. Hopefully something that will get stickied for future use/reference. Which will include the photo and such.

Any update on this? Just curious if justice was finally served here.

You got taken on the old "sure we'll give you credit" ride. This kind of thing has been happening since day one. If anyone offered up a picture for free, the picture is free for the use. It's happened to me a few times over the past 40 years, I just send them an invoice for the picture use, not expecting it to ever be paid, and it never was, but I always remember the people involved and make sure other photographers know them.

Any update on this? Just curious if justice was finally served here.
Well it's been 22 months since the thread was started and the OP - PNWSGM - last logged into TPF on 03-03-2013 15 months ago, so I would not suggest expecting an answer any time soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back