Question regarding glasses

Tangerini

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is probably a silly question, but for those of you who wear glasses, how do you deal with focusing?

I find myself taking my glasses off to get a better view through the lens, but then since my eyesight causes me to see things blurry-like I'm worried that the pictures come out a bit skewed focus wise

(I do wear contacts as well, but not everytime)

So if you wear glasses how do you get around it, or is this not a problem for you?

I can focus fine with my glasses on. If you can't...does your viewfinder have an adjustment? My viewfinder has a little dial that changes the focus of the eye piece, so that I can set it to be clear without my glasses on.

My camera does have that little dial.. how do I set it so that I know it's compensating correctly for my vision?

Adjust the diopter (using the little wheel) until the markings in the viewfinder are sharp. That's it.
The diopter adjustment only works for long/short sight. If you have astigmatism then you will still need to wear glasses.

I usually leave my glasses on (and that is why my new ones which are no longer real glass already have a scratch mark where the viewfinder goes :roll: ) ... I could adjust the diopter, but where would I leave my glasses every time I raise the camera to my eyes? Too awkward to always push them into my hair or so ... so I focus through my glasses and with the viewfinder in a 0 position. Still works like that. Pity about the scratch marks on glasses that I only got last year in November, though...!

My glasses don't mix well with my viewfinder, so I tend to rely on the autofocus completely...which doesn't always work out, so if I *know* I'll be out shooting, I'll make a point of putting on my contacts.

Not all cameras have a build in diopter. They do make add-on one in both brand name and aftermarket. Check with your cameras manufacturer first. Here a Canon +.05

107025.jpg

the diopter does not affect the camera focus operation. It only affects how you see through the viewfinder. Even if you see a blurry image in the viewfinder, the image (if focussed right) will still come out sharp.

It's purely for people's eyesight and nothing to do with the focus system.

CHeers
Jim

Depending on which camera I am using I do different things.. My Minolta Maxxum 50 & KS 500 don't have the diopter adjustment so I either just wear my glasses or contacts. With my Maxxum 9000 I use the diopter.

Adjust the diopter (using the little wheel) until the markings in the viewfinder are sharp. That's it.
The diopter adjustment only works for long/short sight. If you have astigmatism then you will still need to wear glasses.

Darn, I do have an astigmatism :( I guess I just have to suck it up.
Thank you all very much for your input.

my vision is awful, so glasses stay on if I want to see what I'm doing. Haven't had a single problem so far.

Most reactions

Back