Question regarding Photoshop Elements vs Pro Show Gold

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by NC Labman, Jul 8, 2009.

1. NC Labman

NC Labman TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am thinking of moving beyond the editing software that came with my Canon 40D. Based on all I have researched PSE is probably the best bang for buck that is in my price range, but I see little mention of what type of slide shows and presentations you can create in it. Looking at the Proshow Gold offered by Photodex it appears to have the capabilities I am looking for to showcase my pictures, but I assume it is a much inferior post processing software. Can anyone expound on what capabilities PSE has to showcase your photos and/or provide feedback on the Proshow Gold software? I've included a link to the Photodex website for reference.

Photodex - Create slide shows with ProShow

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Two completely different softwares.

Elements is basically Photoshop Lite...it's an image editing software and will allow you to do just about any photo editing you could want. You might be able to create a slide show with it...but it would be very rudimentary.

Proshow Gold is specifically designed for making slide shows. It has many features and controls that give you a lot of options for your slide shows. I think there might be some very simple image adjustment tools but nothing I've ever used.