Question time...

Not going to lie that guy seems to be a little off in that video.

I took this last year, and did nothing along the lines of what he did but still got an "HDR" effect.

TreeinBark.jpg

Not going to lie that guy seems to be a little off in that video.
You mean because he's having fun with it? Or do you think he doesn't know what he's talking about? :lol:

Hint: "That guy" wrote the book on Photoshop. Literally. And several other books on Photoshop, and a whole slew of videos, and is a featured speaker at untold numbers of seminars and so on. He's recognized in the Photoshop world as an absolute master of it. That's why he got...

• The Benjamin Franklin Award for Best Computer Book (1989)
  • Inducted into the Photoshop Hall of Fame (2002)
Get to know him:

Deke McClelland - Google Search

LOL just seems too energetic, I mean yes he is having fun with it which is good but I don't know it was hard to follow everything he was doing in photoshop because he was going fast with it. Like bing bing bing bam do done.

LOL just seems too energetic, I mean yes he is having fun with it which is good but I don't know it was hard to follow everything he was doing in photoshop because he was going fast with it. Like bing bing bing bam do done.
Yeah, he figures, "it's a video - you can stop it, rewind it, watch it as many times as it takes". He says, "do this", you stop the video and do that. Start it again and he says, "now do this", you stop it, do the next step, and so on. When you've reached the end, you've done it step by step. You learned something, and it was worth it. And he doesn't have to make an hour long video that will be boring as watching photons hitting concrete at high noon.

To me, the guy makes learning a pile of fun. I think I've taken every course he's ever offered over the years, and I never get tired of it.

Of course, that doesn't mean he's for everyone, and maybe he's not for you, but he's still Master Yoda when it comes to Photoshop gurus. ;)

Which is awesome, might just have to put up with it for that! LOL. Attempting another HDR shot now, will post results.

Here are my results.

This image (Yes i know the car is very dirty) was merged from 5 different exposures. 5 Seperate snaps on the camera:
CelicaCostco.jpg

This shot was merged with just one RAW image and then in photoshop i messed with exposure and saved as tiffs then merged using photomatix:
FinalOutcome.jpg

Photoshop is actually pretty good nowadays at aligning multiple images. I do a ton of manually-bracketed (thumb dial) handheld HDR and it generally works pretty well as long as the subject is stationary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back