[Question]Tips on keeping a lens clean???

Pure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 on my D90 is ALREADY dusty. I can see a few specs, and one rather large spec on my lens behind the first piece of glass. Recently I purchased a UV filter to protect it, but anybody got any tips on keeping the lens clean?

Whenever it isn't being used, it has the lens cap on, a filter, and it is in a bag.

Tips?

Also, [this is aimed at switchfx], Is it really going to make any difference?

One big thing a lot of people overlook is your lens' home. Occasionally clean out your camera bag real good. I will completely empty it and either take an air hose on low pressure and blow it out, or a small shop-vac to clean it out. You will be surprised at how much stuff builds up in the little nooks & crannies from opening & closing while out shooting.

One big thing a lot of people overlook is your lens' home. Occasionally clean out your camera bag real good. I will completely empty it and either take an air hose on low pressure and blow it out, or a small shop-vac to clean it out. You will be surprised at how much stuff builds up in the little nooks & crannies from opening & closing while out shooting.

I just got the bag like a week ago, so it shouldn't be that dirty, but thanks for the info, I'll def do that every few weeks.

Most reactions

Back