Question with shooting anytime/ anywhere?

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Nikoncs4, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Nikoncs4

Nikoncs4 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello everyone, I recently bought a Nikon D90 and have been having some camera shake/ blurring when shooting around. I noticed when I shoot in program mode and play back my image while zoomed in, I can notice some blur and distortion. However, when I switch to Auto mode and snap a picture, it comes out perfectly clear. Why is this blur overriding my photos? I understand a tripod is very handy for clear shots, but I have seen countless photos by friends shooting without tripods where all detail is very visible. Id there something I am not adjusting when Shooting? Thank you for taking the time to read this question.

2. IgsEMT

IgsEMT No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Few things...
    In auto, camera controls ISO thus at high ISO you can shoot at higher shutter speeds thus less of shake, but more can be discussed if you provide either an exif data comparing images from PROGRAM and AUTO modes or specifying shutter, iso, aperture for both (auto and program) recorded images.

3. JamesMason

JamesMason TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Iso possibly ? Auto mode adjusts your iso, program does not.

4. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Post up some examples with the settings for the image so we can see what is going on.

I would also think that ISO is the issue, but cant confirm until we see the P mode and the Auto mode images

5. PhotoXopher

PhotoXopher TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Even in P mode (or any of the others as far as that goes) you can have Auto ISO enabled (default setting if I remember right). So unless that was changed I'm not convinced it's ISO related... could be the use of flash as well.