Question...

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well maybe not a LOT, but a few I am curious to know about

I have recently gotten a NEW camera... its a Panasonic Lumix .. its 8MP and 12X stablized optical zoom..

My questions are...

I look in the gallery below.. My favorite is the nature forum gallery..

I see lots of CLOSE up photos of birds and ducks.. Love the flowers too, but those I know how to close up on... The animals is my question.. The picture looks really close... HOW do you get that close to the animal with out scaring it off???

Im pretty NEW to taking *serious* phtoographs.. STILL objects are easiest as they wont move away.. However, trying to catch a bird or another animal I think they are goign to just move and Ill miss a shot..

Thanks for your help

hobbes28 said:
^ What he said. You sometimes have to sit in the same place for hours to get a good closeup.
yep,
and with your Panasonic Lumix.... Cropping is your friend! :)
Just set the camera to it's highest setting(largest photo size) zoom in as much as you can, and crop the rest in your computer. :)

Of course as they said... you have to be very patient.

Loaf of bread and no fear of bird poo (cos you'll be standing/sitting in it). Or hang around the periphery of someone else feeding the ducks - if it's a family it's a good idea to say "good morning" so you are labelled as a bird freak rather than a child snatching one.

Pretty new?
http://thailandbirding.com/images/photography.jpg

IMHO your camera isn't suitable for bird photography.

Read up on stalking books, biology books, bird photography books, behavioural habits of the birds that interest you. Join a birdwatching club... then if you still like it, get a DSLR with a decent autofocus and at least a 500mm lens...

Sorry man, there's a LONG path to taking "serious" bird photos.

DocFrankenstein said:
IMHO your camera isn't suitable for bird photography.
I use a Lumix and I've gotten a few great shots of birds... it's just harder to do.
Of course if you have better equipment it will be MUCH easier to photograph birds... but there's no hurt in going out and practicing and getting great shots/experience with your Lumix. Then someday when you upgrade you'll be GREAT at photographing birds. :)
Don't let your equipment bring you down... just think of it as another challenge! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back