Question

kawaigng

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, how are you folks? I have a question, perhaps you folks can help me find out the answer, THX.
Is anyone know about the english title things like FRPS, FBIPP?
Is it really hard to get these title? THe people who have those title are realy that good? Thx

kawaigng said:
Hi, how are you folks? I have a question, perhaps you folks can help me find out the answer, THX.
Is anyone know about the english title things like FRPS, FBIPP?
Is it really hard to get these title? THe people who have those title are realy that good? Thx

Hi, These letters aren't what you would term "titles" as in "Dr". If a person joins one of these associations, and I imagine they would have their work critiqued before entering, then they become "John Doe FRPS". To be honest though, I don't know if that allows you to put the letters after your name.

Many years ago I worked for a photographer who put FRPS after his name, though the quality of his work was just average. Trust this helps.

www.philipweirphotography.com:confused:

Actually I know nothing about photgraphing. The reason I start this thread is because of my father. He spend almost all his life into his photo. Of course he didnt do that for living, but as i remember he has lots of students and they all respect to him very much. Every one said he is really really good at photograhing. Thats why I start this thread. I really want to find out is he really that good. Because I want to be proud of him, But at lease I need to know what he did in his photograhing.
As I remember, After his name is FRPS, FBIPP. He got these letters: ARPS, FPSNY, FRPS and FBIPP from 1986 sep to 1987 aug. So he only spend 11 months to make his frist letter (ARPS) to his last(FBIPP).
So should I be proud of him?

Absolutely, but not because of the letters. That is an accomplishment, but I think the respect of his students means a lot more. I also don't think you need anyone's approval to be proud of him.

Yeah, or I should say I want to know more about his photograhing.thx

Philip Weir;

Right on! My father once noted that he'd gone through the Great Depression without being out of work for a single day.

It was only much later when I realized what that meant.

Most reactions

Back