Questions about camera equipment and vacations

Brent the only thing I'll tell you is fit what you need in one bag. That's it. One bag.
Don't care what any hotel tells you. They will not be held responsible if anything goes missing.
Choose one body (two if the Mr.s wants to bring one as well. One wild life, one macro, one gen purpose lens, basic lighting.
No stands no other junk. If you need the light 4' off the ground be really nice to the Mrs. and she may hold it for you.

When we did our vacation this summer. Jr. and I had everything wee needed in one bag (for each) and it never left us since you never know when that next shot will arrive.
We were able to do a rider on our house insurance but unsure if that'll fly international.

Brent the only thing I'll tell you is fit what you need in one bag. That's it. One bag.
Don't care what any hotel tells you. They will not be held responsible if anything goes missing.
Choose one body (two if the Mr.s wants to bring one as well. One wild life, one macro, one gen purpose lens, basic lighting.
No stands no other junk. If you need the light 4' off the ground be really nice to the Mrs. and she may hold it for you.

When we did our vacation this summer. Jr. and I had everything wee needed in one bag (for each) and it never left us since you never know when that next shot will arrive.
We were able to do a rider on our house insurance but unsure if that'll fly international.

Definitely only bringing one bag. It's just a matter of whether I bring my messenger bag or camera backpack. My camera backpack, that is the right size for overhead baggage, can fit all my lenses and gear I need including my 300mm. I was thinking of bringing my tripod so I can do hi-res landscape images but it is one item I don't mind leaving behind and probably will.

I have to decide whether my fear of something happening to my good equipment is greater than my disappointment of not having the good equipment with me.

My wife just wants a vacation but I'm looking at it as a photo opportunity.

Your probably right though and that I should limit to three lenses but that probably means leaving the 300mm at home and bringing a zoom in it's place since it's more versatile.:frown-new:

12-100mm
40-150mm + 1.4x tc or 300mm
60mm macro

We are going in July so still have lots of time to agonize over it.:dejection:

Most reactions

Back