Questions about photographing stars.

ok... i dont know if anyone has read this lately, but i went out tonight (like i said i would!) and took pictures of the moon/venus/pleades and i'll post them in a little bit

hard to get a good shot of three objects with such different intensity levels, but here it is. (in order from top left to bottom right- Venus, Moon, Pleades)

starmoonthing.jpg

Woah. I love night sky photography. I need to get away from all the night time lights around here though! Wut would you deem as an acceptable location for photographing stars tony?

I too live in a very urban/suburban area, so i deal with light pollution as well. just saw you live in NJ so maybe not quite as bad. but if i go about an hour away from the cities (minneapolis/st. paul) the difference is stunning. All the photos i've posted on here are from my house though, which is in a suburb 15 minutes from the twin cities. I would love to go somewhere really dark this summer and get some shots of the milky way though possibly. To answer your question though, i would think anywhere dark and out of the way is good. anywhere you can see the sky though will work just fine. but the darker the better always

Most reactions

Back