Questions about shooting band pictures

R0TT3NBURIT0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I've just been shooting bands, and I havent quite gotten a photo as cool as this one.

951687715_l.jpg

I've been wanting a photo like this one, mostly because of the light streak. I've had a lot of experience in photoshop, and ive blended one of my light streaks with a photo I liked, and it did something similar, but I want something that can help me get a photo with out putting in a lightstreak with photoshop. If you have any tips, suggestions for equipment reply please.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, However I'm pretty sure he used an exposure like 3 seconds or something, used flash to freeze the guitarist and then swiveled the camera around to get the light like that.

I've never tried it though, only read it in magazines.

Edit: I'm not positive though, someone should probably clarify.

Wow that is probably what he did, but i can't do light streaks with flash.... hmmmm... hat you just said made perfect sence, but do you think you can give me step by step instructions on how to do it. or find a online link that posted this?

If you could spare sometime i would apreciate it :)

Well i can't find a link to it on the web, but i found it in PC Photo magazine: the January - February edition I'll give you the instructions.

This is what she said,"First i slowed the shutter speed. Using the flash i shot the picture, which froze the subject in the split second the flash went off. Then i rotated the camera streaking the lights across the image (the foreground is frozen by the flash at 1/1000 sec. while the background is recorded at 1/2 second)

I don't know if that helps you. I would suggest just exposing it at 1 second. But you might wanna test it a bit. You can do this by just getting in a dark room semi-light get somebody moving in front of you with a bright like behind em, and take the shot..See what happens.

:)

meter your camera and flash for the subject (helps to have a flash that has settings) go into manual, slow the shutter speed a few stops, and take the picture while waving the camera. the flash should "freeze" the moment in bright light for your camera, and then the dark room that has no flash will add streaks from stray lights.

Yea it worked. I did it to a wall, cause i had no one to test it. ill post it later today. i need to put it on photo bucket

Uhmm... Are you saying that you are not the owner of this photo? If that is true please link it or take it down.

Shoot with your flash on slow or rear curtain sync. All cameras have it. It will take a lot of experimenting, but the effect is interesting.

Love & Bass

Uhmm... Are you saying that you are not the owner of this photo? If that is true please link it or take it down.

Yes, its not mine, i don't want to take it down because it gives an example of what i'm looking for.

and i got it already so you didn't have to tell me. thanks anyway

I think what craig was pointing out is that it is against TPF policy to post a photo that is not owned by you. If you need to "show by example", then the appropriate action is to link it.

Most reactions

Back