Questions for a School Project

Reed z

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi. I'm an advanced photography student at my highschool and we've been assigned a project in which we interview a few professional photographers. These photographers can range from Freelancers, Studio Artists, and to even 1hr photo clerks.

So anyways, if you could please answer these questions, it'd be a big help. I need to know...

Your:
Name:
Location (where do you work?):
Position (Are you a freelance photographer, a store clerk, etc.):
Duties (Easy... what do you do?):
Experience (What do you have experiance in and for how long have you been interested in photography?):
Salary Range (I know it's sensitive, but for someone with your job, what would be your best estimate?):
Demand (Any special demands the job puts on you? Is the job high or low demand from the public?):
Interest (Outside of your job, do you have any specific photographic interests?):

So as I said, any responses would be a great help. So far I've personally gotten two out of the five that are required, but I've got a feeling hte people on here will have better responses than the one's I've recieved over the phone.

Thanks again!

Youve come to the right place...although I cant answer your questions as im not a professional...there are loads of talented professionals here!
Airic...common...and you Hertz...help em out!

Thanks a bunch! Hopefully some guys will come through.

Reed z said:
Name:
Location (where do you work?):
Position (Are you a freelance photographer, a store clerk, etc.):
Duties (Easy... what do you do?):
Experience (What do you have experiance in and for how long have you been interested in photography?):
Salary Range (I know it's sensitive, but for someone with your job, what would be your best estimate?):
Demand (Any special demands the job puts on you? Is the job high or low demand from the public?):
Interest (Outside of your job, do you have any specific photographic interests?)

Name: Rob Hesketh
Position: Freelance
Duties: Model Portraiture (& occasional weddings), Architectural Stock
Experience: Manual 35mm SLR Photography - 12 years; Computer Graphics, Graphic Design and IT - 10 years; I've been interested in photography since junior school
Salary Range: Totally contract and subject dependant, but approximately £300 per hour to £600 per hour.
Demand: Very low, word-of-mouth business only probably totalling 1-3 days per month
Interest: Personal tuition for photographic newbies

Name: Alecia Scott
Position: "Sales Assistant" - Minilab
Duties: Deal with customers. Process films (through machines). Includes processing, printing and preparing orders. and returning them to customers. Aswell as sales of cameras.
Experience: I've been interested in photography for a few years - maybe 5? I only have experience in the industry for the 18months I have worked in a minilab.
Salary Range: I'm casual, so it varies every week... Can range everywhere from $70AU - $400AU. Depending on time of year.
Demand: There is always a demand for 1 hour photo places. Since digital, film rollage has gone down, however, amount of digital prints has gone up. (average 70 rolls of film per day)... Not including digital.
Interest: Yes. I love photography and I'm hoping to go further in the industry. But not sure where yet.

Hope that helps...

Thanks a bunch! That's all I need and, trust me, it's pretty interesting to read about what you guys do for a living.

robhesketh said:
Name: Rob Hesketh
Position: Freelance
Duties: Model Portraiture (& occasional weddings), Architectural Stock
Experience: Manual 35mm SLR Photography - 12 years; Computer Graphics, Graphic Design and IT - 10 years; I've been interested in photography since junior school
Salary Range: Totally contract and subject dependant, but approximately £300 per hour to £600 per hour.
Demand: Very low, word-of-mouth business only probably totalling 1-3 days per month
Interest: Personal tuition for photographic newbies

Im a photo newbie! :D!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back