Questions with digital photography

ExTeNsIvE_mOdDa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i run a website which reviews various computer hardware and modding supplies ect, you probably wont know what i mean, but the link is www.extensivemods.com but her is my problem, with some of my reviews, i have to take very close up pictures of things, but i can not seem to be able to get good crisp pictures. I am using a minolta dimage 7i 5mp camera. i will give you an example of what happens when i try to take close up pictures.

test5.jpg
[/img]

Do you guys have any tips to make my pics sharper?

You need something with a macro setting. The camera will only focus a certain distance and further away from an object. You seem to be too close.

but that is the problem, i need it that close, my macro focuses at .30 meters, but i need closer pics

You're other option is to get a sharp focus, even though you might be farther away than you would like. The using an image editor like Photoshop or Elements crop the image to fit your needs.

By the way you can see in your original photo that parts of the computer monitor are in focus.

The digital zoomed photo would work I guess, but if you really want it to be top notch you shouldn't have any problem just shooting farther away and cropping. Five MP is plenty to get a close up shot using cropping.

There is virtually no difference between cropping and using digital zoom. Personally, I would rather have the freedom to do the cropping afterward than to let the camera do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back