Questions

DarkGT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture while shooting a set of my car, didn't plan on it and didn't give it much thought. My question is would there be a way to raise the foreground contrast without losing the sillouhette on the trees and stuff. I look at this and see really under exposed but I like the way the sun is peaking through the trees. Any thoughts?

361238355_09b5e8a689_b.jpg

To tell you the truth, I like the darker foreground. But if you want to brighten it up, just apply a levels or curves adjustment layer to the photo, get it to the brightness you desire (don't worry about the rest of the photo yet), mask off the entire adjustment layer with black, and paint in the forground on the adjustement layer mask with white. This is assuming you're using photoshop or some other layers capable software.

You could selectively brighten the foreground, of course, on one or another method in Photoshop, but I am not sure this photo NEEDS the foreground to be brightened. Maybe the water just a tweak to bring out more of the boat. Other than that, though, I like the fact that all else is just silhouettes.

I would think about getting rid of the black block at the bottom of your picture to reduce it to just a narrow strip, and if you want to maintain the normal print ratio, then crop in from the right or left or both, as not to move the boat too far to one side or too close to the centre. But that'd be all.

Nice pic. I think it would benefit from a slight rotation so the horizon is straight and a crop to remove some of the sand in the foreground. Don't think you need to lighten it, silouhettes are very nice.

Thanks all I tweaked it a bit and here is what I came up with:

362145108_4f775e09e3_b.jpg

As always criticism is appreciated!

This one is fromthe same set. I applied a few things to this one that I did to the other one also.

362145106_27cb3071d6_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back