Quick D90 Question:

IanK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, Im looking to upgrade to the D90, From what I can gather its pretty much the end all be all of affordable DSLR's. My question to the current D90 users though is the HD movie feature, Will it work with any AF lens I mount up too it ? I currently have 3 lenses that i use on my D40 (18-55,55-200 Ext.) and the best buy for me right now would be just the D90 body and continue to use my lenses. Oh and any other comments regarding the D90 are appreciated, thanks.

-Ian

Any lens that works on the D40 will work on the D90 + the D90 has a screw type autofocus motor so you will be able to autofocus with AF lenses as well.

Does autofocus work when recording movies? I don't have a D90, but I think you have to manual focus anyway. But yes, any Nikon lens should work.

That is what I heard as well. In fact, you may want to use manual focus anyway.

You do have to manual focus in movie mode no matter what lens you use on the D90. It's not bad once you get used to it. HD movies with my 50mm attached look amazing!

OK thanks guys, I didnt know you had to always MF, thats not really big deal though, I might actually prefer it, and am Beyond impressed with the movie mode, its really about the last reason Im buying the camera, but Its super impressive, check this out:

Nikon D90 Movie Test on Vimeo

Most reactions

Back