Quick grammar/English lesson

The thing in front of your camera is a "LENS." The plural of "lens" is "LENSES"

Not len, lense , lenz.

To be pedantic (who? me?) the thing in front of your camera is the subject.
It's the thing on the front of your camera that is the lens - or it could be the lens cap, lens hood, filter...

I keep trying to get Amy Lee of Evanescence in front of my camera... so far no luck (unless you count the restraining order...)

Not that I consider her an object... I for one don't objectify women...

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Main Entry: lens
Variant: also lense /'lenz/
Function: noun
1 : a curved piece of glass or plastic used singly or combined in eyeglasses or an optical instrument (as a microscope) for forming an image
2 : a device for directing or focusing radiation other than light (as sound waves, radio microwaves, or electrons)
3 : a highly transparent biconvex lens-shaped or nearly spherical body in the eye that focuses light rays entering the eye typically onto the retina, lies immediately behind the pupil, is made up of slender curved rod-shaped ectodermal cells in concentric lamellae surrounded by a tenuous mesoblastic capsule, and alters its focal length by becoming more or less spherical in response to the action of the ciliary muscle on a peripheral suspensory ligament —lensed adjective —lens·less adjective

For the OP, your title is incorrect. What you provided was a spelling lesson, not a grammar lesson. For the grammarians, to write the possesive you would simply add an apostrophe at the end.

OP=0Wn3D.

Thread Over.

Most reactions

Back