Quick lost focus?

DanLaw001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I don't know why when sometime I attempt to take some photos with close object with my Sony bridge camera and with my other cameras as well, sometime it finds the focus perfectly and I can see the sharp image for a fraction of second on the screen but it losses the focus right away and the image on the display becomes extremely blur. Thus, is there a way in which I can keep the sharp image that was on the screen so that I could take the image with clarity and detail or is there a way allowing me to know that if the camera is focused on the object correctly. Thanks.

You might have the "wrong" focusing mode activated. Visit the menu of focusing modes.

As Designer said, you may not be in "close focus" or "macro" mode.

Also, how "close" is "close?" If you're in real close, the depth of field is super narrow and the camera could easily be "losing focus" if you're hand holding it. See if a tripod makes a difference.

FWIW, I do some macro photography with a manual focus camera fitted with a bellows on a focusing rail and a bellows lens. Focus is VERY touchy, so I imagine an Auto Focus camera must have a heckuva time achieving focus lock, especially if hand held.

Maybe post an example picture with the exif data so we can see better.

I shoot predominately macro and I find it's easier to focus via the viewfinder and half press shutter and when I get to the right point push in the last bit. This is all in manual focus though.

Is there a possibility the blur is from pressing shutter?

I am using Sony DSC H200 camera (but this also happened with my old Olympus stylus 1030). I use the manual option with this camera mostly and it allows you to set the F-number and the shutter speed manually.

I think Sony point and shoot camera will only go to macro mode while in auto mode.

Try it.

Double post...

Most reactions

Back