Quick pic for C&C

It's a nice scene. What's going on with the white building on the left? The edges look like they were traced and masked. Also, the image isn't sharp... I'm not experienced enough to know what might be the culprit though. Perhaps some tripod movement?

I think I'd actually like to see this scene without the sign. I don't think it does anything for the pic but draw attention away from the peacefulness of it all.

It's a nice scene. What's going on with the white building on the left? The edges look like they were traced and masked. Also, the image isn't sharp... I'm not experienced enough to know what might be the culprit though. Perhaps some tripod movement?

I think I'd actually like to see this scene without the sign. I don't think it does anything for the pic but draw attention away from the peacefulness of it all.

Yeah, the white building on the left has been brightened and dodged. Might post up the original for a comparison. Didn't have a tripod 'cause I had my camera with me for some brighter inside work.

I quite like the sign in it. I just feel it gives a bit of character to a rather boring scene. Might take a tripod and shoot from up the street a few yards. There's a big church that might be visable from there :)

It's a tad noisy, but that's pretty much unavoidable shooting handheld at night. What camera and ISO setting did you use?

Overall I quite like the scene, and I tend to agree that the sign adds character. It is sort of the main subject, without it the scene would be devoid of anything to focus on.

Most reactions

Back