Quick...pricing help PLEASE! Corporate job...

souljourney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was called today to do a shoot tomorrow morning at 8:30am. I will be photographing 40 (yes...40) people in front of their main office...it's a property management company. I will be most likely photographing them and then giving them a CD of maybe five high res images. It is supposed to be a Christmas gift for the owners of the company. What should I charge for this??? Any tips???

TIA!

Im just starting out doing freelance work and find pricing hard. I feel that $40/hour is a rate that I am confident in charging. I know this may be low but with no name and a small professional portfolio who am I to charge $100 or more an hour. I also charge for editing time and prints. Look at what other photographers in your area charge and go from that. Look at it this way though, if you give them a reasonable price and do a fantastic job Im sure all future photo needs will go your way. the second time around you can charge more and if they liked you and your work Im sure they'll pay. A poperty managment company usually manages quite a few properties and in general properties are photographed for numerous reason there could be quite a bit of work here.
Also if this is a gift I'm sure they are giong to print and frame it, give them a quote on the print and frame and you can make money there as well.

What do you typically charge

Shooting film, years ago, I charged $125/hr but that was for just the shoot. It did not include the editing time involved with digital photography and it did not include the negatives, which this basically will since they will be getting a high res CD. I don't want to undercharge but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot, ya know? I charge $100 a sitting fee for portraits and that includes a CD of 10-12 high res images. I don't like messing with reprints. I will be offering the option of printing and framing these, though, and that's another price I need to come up with.

Anyone else?? I was thinking $175 for the shoot and a CD of 5 high res images and then leaving the option open for reprints and framing. Anyone's thoughts on this?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back