Quick question

Jus7 A Phas3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you wont to know I am trying to buy a flash to shoot off and I dont have much money and i need a flash by june 21st I am going to SF for a skating trip and lighting really helps of course ha, so i was wonder if i can use an sb 600 and shoot it off camera with my pop up flash as the comander just like you can with the sb 800? I have a D80.

Thanks in advanced.

Yes, the pop-up flash on the D80 can be used as a commander for the SB600.

Periods! Please throw some periods in that paragraph! It makes for easier comprehension.;)

haha yeah, I thought that I didnt have enough. So with an sb 600 and my D80 I can use my pop up flash as a commander for the sb 600 and shoot with the sb 600 off camera? I just want to make sure before i buy it lol.

The SB600 can be a slave, but not a master; double check your manual (I don't know the D80) but the pop-up should have a commander mode.

The D80 pop-up does have a commander mode. You set it up in custom setting 22. You will also have to set the sb600 to "remote". That is explained on page 53 and 62 in the sb600 manual.

Hope this helps

Vince

Thanks guy, Im ordering mine tommrow, Do you guys have any tips or advice about this flash?

Take freshly charged spare batteries for both the SB600 and the D80 to the gig.

Do you have a super wide angle adapter/diffuser for the SB600 for when you shoot with that 10.5mm 2.8? Does one exist?

What kind of batteries does the sb600 take?

haha ok, I'll do that

Most reactions

Back