Quick Question

Noah212

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have heard that one can simply hold a lens up to their camera and take a picture if the lens does not fit properly with the camera. Can this only be done with a film camera and not a digital SLR? Thanks.

You can do it on a digital camera too.

You could buy the adapter for like $10 too...

What camera/lens are you trying to use?

When I tried doing it on my Nikon D60 an error message came up saying something like "no lens." Are there certain settings that you have to adjust in order to be able to take a picture without a lens?

I am trying to use a Sakar Zoom/Macro 35-200mm lens with my Nikon D60.

Is there a website that would sell such an adapter?

Thanks.

I'm not really familiar with that lens, but if my googling is correct, is has a Pentax K mount...? Does that sound right?

You can buy adapters here, but they don't have to one you need.

It might not even be possible...

Not sure what to do about that error... All my cameras are Canon.

You CAN just hold a lens up to the lens mount area and shoot photos in manual mode with a baby NIkon like the D60. If you hold a lens up in reverse orientation, you can get some incredible macro shots that way...I was cruising Flickr the other night and found page after page of macro shots a young guy was doing using a D40 and simply holding a reversed lens onto the bayonet area and using flash to take macro shots.

Fotodiox is a web-based store that sells a lot of lens adapters. The baby Nikons D40-D40x-D60-D3000-D5000 (but NOT the D70,D50,D80 or D100!!!) can use almost ANY older lens in Nikon F-mount, but the camera must be in Manual mode.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back