Quick shoot on the Railroad tracks

MarcPPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys tell me what you think, first upload on this site. Been doing photography for a while now.

19962_220135193931_166828753931_3306769_4694168_n.jpg

Well the basic shot is ok, some weird stuff going on in the background, cloning maybe?
You can't have the sky sharper than stuff mid frame, and some weird cloning or blurring done mid frame in the back.
The front part looks better, needs some pop and is a bit dark, could use some sharpening, something coming out of her head is never good.
Nice looking lady, I like her outfit and the setting is well chosen.

Geez this sounds pretty harsh but just trying to help since you asked, welcome aboard.

"I see London, I see France, I see this young model's...underpants!" Isn't that the old schoolyard refrain?

Something about the foreground/background overlap of her head and that background object is not resonating with me; it just does not feel "right". The shallow depth of field on her boots in the foreground is not working too well for me either. I'm not a fan of simulated out of focus effects on backgrounds, and I think Shockey's comments address that area.

Yah the sky is a different shot I took that day.

I totally forgot that I didnt blur it as much as the background.

How can I make the model pop or stand out more?

Levels adjustment, unsharp mask, maybe a bit of contrast after.

If you added the sky. get rid of that silo coming out of her head. Vignette is another way to make your subject stand out... although, they are frowned upon by many. Try levels adjustment, maybe a curves layer.

Unsharp mask with sharpening at 100 and threshold 0. Then move radius around without creating a halo. That is just what I do, might not be the best technique but I think it works. Do it on a copied layer and mask out everything else.

Man and I thought this was one of my good photos. Guess I need to work on some stuff.

I dont think I can get any more sharp than that

Nobody said it wasn't good. Almost every picture can improve.

I like it. If i were a guy i'd love to be able to take pictures with you.
Smile.gif
keep up the good work.

Whatever it is you are doing to the background, that really looks bad.

This photo has the same issues as the first one... the first photo is better. this one opens up a different set of problems with the model, the pose and the composition.

Your photos don't totally suck...if they did you wouldn't get much response.
Since your photos show you have potential, just a lot to learn, then people are more willing to jump in and help you out.

Take constructive feedback as a positive, when people tell you it looks great when it does not, that is the worst kind of feedback you can get. You can't grow from that.
Be glad that people are willing to point out the problems so you have something to work on and improve.
Keep shooting and posting, you will get there.

I don't think the PP'ing is all that bad, it just needs a little work and it can be nice. Whatever it is going on in the background though I agree seems off. And the thing in the first shot right behind her head is extremely distracting, it totally ruins the shot for me, my eyes go straight for that object.

The background is weak, but that's been addressed. The model is lovely and looks confident and comfortable in front of the camera and seems to have a whimsical nature that you've captured well here. In the first I wish that her front foot was in focus, but I like the pose and the lines and shapes that it creates. In the second, I REALLY like the composition and her pose and the way that they work with the background. Well done!

Maybe post the originals without any post-processing. I'd be willing to give input. I know it helps me when people explain what would look better instead of what looks bad.

ps. if I got mad at all the criticism I have received I would probably give up. You gotta take from this huge amount of experience and improve.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back