Quick Snap Shots

Yhi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

First post..well besides my introduction. :p
Anywho, here are a few pictures I took while I helped my friend clean up her house so she could sell it in the next few months. She had her nephew there so I helped entertain the little guy while she finished up.
Any tips are welcome! :D

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

I like the shadow play on this one. :)

.... snapshots.
First one is blown out and you cut off his ear. It'd also help to include what he's playing with in the picture.
The shadow on the second kills it.
Oh and usually members don't post snapshots for tips.
Think through the composition/lighting/etc. of the shot so people can help you learn.

.... snapshots.
Think through the composition/lighting/etc. of the shot so people can help you learn.
You are so wrong on so many fronts. You have ..... 16 post (I can't see ATM and it really doesn't have any significance) and you saying these photos don't have any merit? This is the beginers forum. This is a place (supposedly) for people to grow and learn and post and ask questions and get pissed off and have a laugh and eventually get better snapshots than before.

I'm completely confused :confused: and not entirely appreciating your tone.

To the OP...... sorry dear, these are just snapshots. But with more practice you will get better.

:D

While the two battle it out in a square circle :)
these are just snapshots. Perhaps to you, they say something, to me they are wasted pixels. The good news, it can't get any worse and there's only room to grow.
Practice Practice Practice :D

While the two battle it out in a square circle :)
these are just snapshots. Perhaps to you, they say something, to me they are wasted pixels. The good news, it can't get any worse and there's only room to grow.
Practice Practice Practice :D

lol, well thanks. I figured the first one had to much white. But, thats why I decided to post it. Another error I did make was shoot it in a diff file format. Should have taken it in RAW form but I didnt. So not much room to edit anything, especially with out PS and what not.

Help me out here. :p What kind of ISO do I need for this type of photography. My pictures are free to edit.

Thanks for the tid bits for those who did post.

Last edited:
there's a WHOLE debate on RAW vs JPGs. I used to be 100% JPGer, now I went RAW. Yes, I can correct raws while not destroying the frame as much but for many years, I was doing the same on JPGs and no problems. So what file format to shoot is REALLY up to you and on your ability to process images.
ISO - I'm not very familiar with your body and its capabilities above 400, but I rarely go above 400. I don't have a need for it, and since I'm using flash, once again, I don't need, most of the time, to go above 400.
what type of photography are you into?

there's a WHOLE debate on RAW vs JPGs. I used to be 100% JPGer, now I went RAW. Yes, I can correct raws while not destroying the frame as much but for many years, I was doing the same on JPGs and no problems. So what file format to shoot is REALLY up to you and on your ability to process images.
ISO - I'm not very familiar with your body and its capabilities above 400, but I rarely go above 400. I don't have a need for it, and since I'm using flash, once again, I don't need, most of the time, to go above 400.
what type of photography are you into?

Well what I really want to do is either macro or nature. As for those two, I know I need a good 1/1 lens for the macro and as for the nature I need a telephoto. Well, so I was told by some photographer in a professional store. Right now I am trying out my hands on different types of styles to see what I have a good eye for.

Unfortunately, all I have is the kit lens. Working on getting my macro or telephoto. Not sure what I want to get yet.

Thanks for the info on the ISO. I'll do some more playing around with it.

yeah, this is one of those times i'll say your lens is not 4 macro or some nature.
look into 28-135. its good lens

That shadow in the 2nd shot looks quite threatening :confused:

Don't take this the wrong way, but it reminded me of a horror film or those posters about stopping child abuse.

Thanks IgsEMT. I'll take it into consideration when I shop around. :thumbup:

.... snapshots.
You are so wrong on so many fronts. You have ..... 16 post (I can't see ATM and it really doesn't have any significance) and you saying these photos don't have any merit? This is the beginers forum. This is a place (supposedly) for people to grow and learn and post and ask questions and get pissed off and have a laugh and eventually get better snapshots than before.

I'm completely confused :confused: and not entirely appreciating your tone.

To the OP...... sorry dear, these are just snapshots. But with more practice you will get better.

:D

I didn't know post count effected the quality of my posts?
My thinking is that if you take the time to setup the shot then I'll take the time to analyze it. I could go take 15 snapshots right now n post uhm up and people would complain for days. It's wasted space and mostly causes arguments like this one anyways. But anyways, I better start making random posts to get my count up!

yeah, this is one of those times i'll say your lens is not 4 macro or some nature.

I have the 28-135 and tho it's a good lens I often find it's not wide enough. I wish I would've gotten the 18-55 kit lens instead and bought the 55-250. For macro I'm saving up for the 100mm macro . I hear is excellent for macro and portrait.

You may also want to try and find a place in your area that rents out lenses. It's fairly cheap and you get to try them out before spending tons of $$ and realizing it's not suited for your type of photography

That shadow in the 2nd shot looks quite threatening :confused:

Don't take this the wrong way, but it reminded me of a horror film or those posters about stopping child abuse.

Lol, true, its some what eerie.

For macro I'm saving up for the 100mm macro . I hear is excellent for macro and portrait.

You may also want to try and find a place in your area that rents out lenses.

Jon0807, I was actually looking at the 100mm macro a few days ago. I think that's the one I might want to snag. It works with what I want to do and also if I feel like taking portraits I can do so. :)
As for renting, I haven't tried that yet. I have to see if there is one around where I live. Unfortunately, where I live there are only a few stores that actually sell lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back