quick tips

swmocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
yes im back with more questions lol...my cousin needs me to take a few pics of her(for what i dont know)...but its going to be at a nice university...so i want to get her in the pictures as well as the backgound. I was thinking AV mode but im not sure what aperture size to use. any suggestions?

ok now the photos...i think i should've used the tv mode now that i look at it...alot of the pictures came out under exposed...sunny days and dark shadows sucks back..i tried using the fill flash, but then they were over exposed...i have more on my flickr page

2693187486_9399a24a19.jpg

2692373761_222a88767f.jpg

2692373459_d011d9ae72.jpg

2693186334_7f8eb78d36.jpg

2693185554_d809fbf4e1.jpg

2693186192_937c821db6.jpg

Last edited:
The larger the F number the more Depth of Field (Background and foreground more in focus)

The larger the F number the smaller the opening

Like prodigy said, use a large F number (small aperture) to have more DOF. Just remember, the smaller the aperture, the longer the shutter speed, so you may need a tripod, depending on the lighting.

dammit im back now lol...i didnt get to read any of this before i left...i will post the pics in a minute

Well, going through ur pictures here and on flickr, the problem is not in exposure or Aperture... its the composition.

If you accept criticism here`s some :)

1. Your subject`s face is always in the center of the photo. (Remember the rule of 3rds)

2. Dont be afraid of closeups, portrait like

3.The white path behind her would have been nice if it would have been unveiled completely and to the left or right, to suggest linearity...just a suggestion

4. much nicer if she would have leaned to the right wall, in the profile with the camera closer to the wall with a shallow dof.

5. Her hands are not used at all, they dont express anything interesting. They are just there, no clear purpose in the pic :)

and i can think of more :)

As for the exposure, they are quite nice !

Well, going through ur pictures here and on flickr, the problem is not in exposure or Aperture... its the composition.

If you accept criticism here`s some :)

1. Your subject`s face is always in the center of the photo. (Remember the rule of 3rds)

2. Dont be afraid of closeups, portrait like

3.The white path behind her would have been nice if it would have been unveiled completely and to the left or right, to suggest linearity...just a suggestion

4. much nicer if she would have leaned to the right wall, in the profile with the camera closer to the wall with a shallow dof.

5. Her hands are not used at all, they dont express anything interesting. They are just there, no clear purpose in the pic :)

and i can think of more :)

As for the exposure, they are quite nice !
thx i will remeber those things...did they not look al little dark to u? maybe its my screen...but lol i think u got the numbers mixed up or something..#4 has no wall in it at all..did u mean #3?

The larger the F number the more Depth of Field (Background and foreground more in focus)

The larger the F number the smaller the opening

This statement's all over the place - go toward f/22 and you'll get more and more in focus, and the opening will get smaller. Head back toward f/2.8, or 4, or whatever, and less and less will be in focus outside of the actual focus area, and the opening gets larger.

Some nice images, but I don't like the angled views ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back