Quiet day at the airfield

AussieTimmeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As a follow-up to the thread "Bad first day for the 20D", I've adjusted the settings, my shooting style, and change the lens to better suit the conditions, and given RC aircraft photography another go. I feel the photos are a good step forward, but now that I am shooting in RAW I ran out of CF storage space pretty quick so that'll be on my list of things to buy.

So from todays flying, while it was a bit more quiet, there was a good range of props. All had successful days flying, with no mishaps.

A Wild Hare and another couple semi-stunt planes were on hand, a biplane and a couple of trainers also took to the skies.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

This Australian WW2 replica CAC Wirraway had its maiden flight today, and got back to mother earth in one piece.

15.jpg

14.jpg

This P-51 Mustang looked great on the ground and the air.

16.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

There are still things I want to work on, but if you have a suggestion or feedback, love to hear it, as I am sure there are things I might not even realise that I could improve on.

Timmeh

Oh wow.
It looks like you have taken a huge leap forward! You sure have learned - and learned a lot - from your mistakes. And fast, too.

There is not one among these that I feel needs a vast amount to critisism. Some could bring out the subject even more with a bit of cropping, but other than that, they are very nice. If they were numbered, it would be easy for me now to say "I particularly like Number so-and-so", but... ;)

Those are way better than the one posted before. For take off shots taking the photo with the plane coming toward you or a side view really tightly framed would be better. I enjoy doing aviation photography, here is an older example of one of my photo that im talking about.
A_10_Air_Power_by_redkorn.jpg

I'll try what you have both suggested to get in a bit closer still. Because of the speed these things can be screaming past at, rather than shooting them full frame and risking noses or tails missing if I don't get my panning speeds right, I might shoot a little wider and crop in, as suggested.

Thanks for taking the time to give some feedback, it'll help me improve! :mrgreen:

And Snyder, unfortunately none of these aircraft are packing such impressive ordnance as your A-10! ;)

Timmeh

Most reactions

Back