Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! First post here, and I thought I'd introduce myself with a photograph from Quiraing, Isle of Skye, taken at sunrise during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle of Skye last spring.

SL_02845.jpg

Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Beautiful shot.

Lovely shot. There are two small lakes in the shot, the larger of which seems to have a rather strange division of the surface. Why is that?

Beautiful shot. Excellent composition. Plan on visiting this area in the next 2 years. Have a couple of locations to hit before it so must wait.

Any recommendations of must see and photograph places or tips traveling through the region?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Superb shot. Skye is a beautiful place.

Beautiful shot. Excellent composition. Plan on visiting this area in the next 2 years. Have a couple of locations to hit before it so must wait.

Any recommendations of must see and photograph places or tips traveling through the region?

Skye is well travelled and much photographed, its a very popular tourist destination and probably the most visited island by tourists so can be very busy. It's been photograhed so much there's not much new there, but still worth visiting as the landscape is stunning. Places I like are Elgol and Loch Courisk (great view of the Black Cullin), the Fairy Pools, Neist Point, Portree, The Old Man of Storr, the Quiraing. You'll see more places on the drive round and virtually all parts are worth exploring. Tips: bring some smidge the midge and a headnet if you are there in the summer, always be prepared for rain XD. Be careful if you decide to explore the mountains, the Cullin can be dangerous and the weather can turn from good to terrible extremely quickly - every year peple need rescued in Scottish hills from underestinating the weather and not having the right gear to protect them from exposure and microclimates around the hills make weather unpredictable. Travelling: Stop at the top of the hill at Glen Garry, if you are lucky you might see a RAF Typhoon doing a training run. Eilan Donan castle is popular and also worth a stop on the drive up. The 5 sisters of Kintail an also be nice on a good day.

Beautiful shot.

Thank you! :)

Very nice.

WesternGuy

Thanks! :)

Yes, very good!

Thank you very much! :)

Lovely shot. There are two small lakes in the shot, the larger of which seems to have a rather strange division of the surface. Why is that?

Thank you Fred, glad you enjoyed it :) About the lake, not sure - I checked the Raw and it's there as you see it here, I guess a combination of shade and wind / ripples perhaps?

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! :) See weepete's post below for recommendations.

Superb shot. Skye is a beautiful place.

Skye is well travelled and much photographed, its a very popular tourist destination and probably the most visited island by tourists so can be very busy. It's been photograhed so much there's not much new there, but still worth visiting as the landscape is stunning. Places I like are Elgol and Loch Courisk (great view of the Black Cullin), the Fairy Pools, Neist Point, Portree, The Old Man of Storr, the Quiraing. You'll see more places on the drive round and virtually all parts are worth exploring. Tips: bring some smidge the midge and a headnet if you are there in the summer, always be prepared for rain XD. Be careful if you decide to explore the mountains, the Cullin can be dangerous and the weather can turn from good to terrible extremely quickly - every year peple need rescued in Scottish hills from underestinating the weather and not having the right gear to protect them from exposure and microclimates around the hills make weather unpredictable. Travelling: Stop at the top of the hill at Glen Garry, if you are lucky you might see a RAF Typhoon doing a training run. Eilan Donan castle is popular and also worth a stop on the drive up. The 5 sisters of Kintail an also be nice on a good day.

Thank you weepete, glad you enjoyed the photo and thanks also for your detailed suggestions about Skye!

Best regards,

Vieri

That gnarly little tree is just great. Beautiful view and well deserved nomination for POTM.

This photo is beautiful. It really grabbed my attention, to the point of nominating it for photo of the month.
TPF Photo of the Month

Thank you very much indeed, the nomination really honours me! :)

Superb shot well done

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! :)

That gnarly little tree is just great. Beautiful view and well deserved nomination for POTM.

Thank you Dean! :) Yes, I love the wee tree over there, it is both graphically great and a poster for resilience and love of life, too!

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

Back