Quirky lil co-inky-dink...

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I went to the laundrymat tonight and decided to take my camera to get some pics of the dryers ( clothes tumbling inside etc - you get my drift ). Took a couple of shots and then started doing my spanish homework whilst I waited for my clothes to dry.

A chic walked in and sat down ( I thought she was there waiting on HER clothes ). Anyhoo after half an hour I finally finished my homework and noticed her setting up her tripod and camera and directing it at the washing machines.

I laughed and told her " I had the same idea tonight ... but I took some shots of the DRYERS before you got here lol ! " :LOL:.
She laughed as well and admitted that she had been sitting there waiting for the couple of other ppl to leave ( including me ) so that she could take the shots. We ended up chattin for ages about photography ( including how we BOTH felt a lil self -concious about ppl thinkin we're wierdos for pointing our cameras at dryers/washing machines ).

I just loved the coincidence of it ; its a small & quiet laundrymat in the big city ...
and two complete strangers decided to go to it with their cameras at the same time, on the same day :eek:ne wanting to take pics of the washing machine ....and the other wanting shots of the dryers .... :lol:

Hey, you should get together and market your photos as a set :) That is a cute story, funny how in the big world we are drawn to people who share the same passions!

LOL good idea Alison !
It was bizarre , we instantly chatted away as if we had known each other for ages too !
I guess photography ( and other pastimes /passions etc ) has a way of being an instant 'bridge' between strangers....

I shoulda gotten her phone # !!

Luminosity said:
LOL good idea Alison !
I guess photography ( and other pastimes /passions etc ) has a way of being an instant 'bridge' between strangers....

That's happened to me many times on airplanes. You know the prerequisite chatter, where are you from, what do you do? Since photography is infinitely more interesting than being a life insurance underwriter I always say, "I'm a photographer" and so many people turn out to have a love of photography, whip out their wallets and show their pictures. Nice to know that the world is full of people who want to capture it on film (or digital).

Shark said:
I'm having dirty thoughts.

Quick, run to the laundrymat, that ought to clean you up :wink:

AlisonS said:
Luminosity said:
LOL good idea Alison !

That's happened to me many times on airplanes. You know the prerequisite chatter, where are you from, what do you do? Since photography is infinitely more interesting than being a life insurance underwriter I always say, "I'm a photographer" and so many people turn out to have a love of photography, whip out their wallets and show their pictures. Nice to know that the world is full of people who want to capture it on film (or digital).

Yeah totally agree ; havent met a person YET who DOESNT find photography interesting and/or wants to learn it ( if they hadnt picked it up already ) :sillysmi:

Luminosity said:
Darfion said:
Did you have a quick tumble while you were there? :D

My clothes & sheets did !

( But ya really dont care aboot me clothes do ya :p )

P.S On second thoughts , dont answer that ...

i care about your thongs!!

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back