Quiz Question 6.30.06

attempt suicide? (although it's hard to imagine the number is that high. But it was the darkest answer I could think of quickly)

I'm gonna second antarticans guess. Though maybe its succesfully commit suicide (though that would be a lot of people...)

Yup...y'all are right. Sad, ain't it? Oh, and it's ATTEMPT, not succesful attempts, that is the exact answer, so Anty was right.

My other thought was 'kill someone while drunk driving'. Both very dark answers.

Oh, I see I posted at the same time as Corry revealed the answer. That's a shockingly high number. Corry...I assume it was attempt suicide, rather than 'commit'? Hopefully the cries for help were met with help.

Edit: oops, missed the part of Corry's earlier post where she answered this

I would think it would be more, actually. That number seemed low for this. Very sad.

Passion4Film said:
I would think it would be more, actually. That number seemed low for this. Very sad.

Low?! Wouldn't that represent roughly 1 in 400 Americans?

It seems like since more and more of Americans is depressed, that seems like it should be maybe double - one in every 200?

Well, if it's 1 in 400, that means 3 people in my town attempt suicide every year. That seems like a high number to me.

my was try switchin a torch on that has no battries in it during a power cut

There's a crazy amount of successful suicides unfortunately (sometimes we'll have 1 a day for a week or two), they just never make the news unless they're famous. It could be argued that some of them are probably better off that way...

hot shot said:
my was try switchin a torch on that has no battries in it during a power cut

:mrgreen: took me a while to do the translation (torch = flashlight) but still... :lol:

Most reactions

Back