quote advice needed? please x

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by jemmy, Feb 18, 2007.

1. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

HI all!

I have just been asked to do a quote for an orthodontic clinic. They want individual headshots of the staff plus a group shot - images are to be used on their website plus brochures etc... They want the images on disc - no prints.. I feel confident but have :er: ZERO:er: idea on what to quote??? Any advice would be wonderful x jem x
    Am hoping to give them a quote tomorrow - thanks in advance

2. BWP-by-RK

BWP-by-RK TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Pricing advice is difficult (were in the UK) but I charge:

Admin fee £50.00
    travel expenses
    £25.00 per portrait

In that way, I say: £75.00 for the first portrait, and £25.00 for each portrait beyond that

3. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

thanks for your response... any one else... I want a few ideas?? x

4. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

cmon!!!! more ideas pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!! x

5. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Best-Business-Practices-Photographers-Harrington/dp/1598633155[/ame] $20. Some of the best money you will ever spend. As to the here and now.. How much do you get for a day? Or a half day? If you do this job will you be able to do any other work that day or afternoon? If not then you should charge for as much of your time as will be taken up plus expenses and post production time. Also consider how widely the images will be distributed and how long they will be used. Call a local paper and ask them what they would charge for a print ad shoot. All things being equil I would think that the prices would be near each other. best of luck mike

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I have shot in dental and medical enviorments and it is nothing short of a nightmare. Way too many machines and very little space. And bad lighting. Work with the client and understand the surroundings. Start off by saying "I charge x amout of dollars per hour. Then work out a timeline of when the shots will go down and where. Post processing fees have always been a mystery to me. I go fast, so usually anything over an hour per shoot they get seriously charged for.

7. Nell12

Nell12 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  8. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

Thanks guys...So i have found out they have a well lit area with window light - yeah - i love window light!!! have also been given last years shots to show what they are after and am now feeling very confident - they were not much chop to be polite! They already had a quote of $120 per portrait (they want 4) but the photographer could not travel to them... so seeing as the drs were happy with that quote, I said the same but would include my travel in it. It is more than enough $ imo and I am thoroughly looking forward to the experience... will post soon x