Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok...if I decide to go with this print, I need a quote to go with it (or poem) to write on the matte.

I'm having a hard time finding something that will go well with not only this picture, but the tragedy of Katrina, as well.

SatMornCartoons.jpg

Ok..here's one that made me stop for a minute and think...

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears. We must not demean life by
standing in awe of death.

---David Sarnoff

It's the circle of life, and it moves us all, through despair and hope,
through faith and love, 'till we find our place, on the path unwinding.

--John, Elton

Good thoughts - I really like the first one. May I throw my 2cents worth in as well?

"The deeper the sorrow the less tongue it hath." - The Talmud
"The fire which seems extinguished often slumbers beneath the ashes." - Pierre Corneille
"He knows not his own strength that hath not met adversity." - Ben Jonson

Yes, I AM a quote junkie!

LizM said:
Good thoughts - I really like the first one. May I throw my 2cents worth in as well?

"The deeper the sorrow the less tongue it hath." - The Talmud
"The fire which seems extinguished often slumbers beneath the ashes." - Pierre Corneille
"He knows not his own strength that hath not met adversity." - Ben Jonson

Yes, I AM a quote junkie!

Oooh, I like that one!

"Gone in the trajedy of today, to remember for a better tomorrow"

"We shall look at today tomorrow to decide are future"

"We shall in our trajedy find ourselves"

I was. I assumed that's why you were donating it. To remind people why it needs to be donated and let people reflect and feel connected to the situation.

Without the quote it feels like the image is directly related to the hurricane. A quote would distract form that. But.. that's just me talking.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Martin Luther King Jr

Ok....hopefully I'll know tommorrow if I'm going with this print or not...and if I do, I'm going with this quote...whadaya think?

No, on the matte. I explained it in the original post.

I don't quite think the print is appropriate alone, since this is being done to help hurricane victims...in my picture, the little ghost girl is sitting in a home that's a heap of rubble.

Core,

I think it'll be great. I've checked out what is currently available on auction and all of our prints should stand out. Honestly, its mostly one guy's "beefcake" (and he shouldn't be posing for those - ugh) photos right now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back