R u ready for hot weather?

I just drank an ice coffee this morning, oh well.

Landed in Dallas yesterday afternoon. 103. :aiwebs_016: Going to be here a week! :BangHead:
So much for not going any place hot. :02.47-tranquillity: Compared to Death valley I guess it's not. :048:

Come to the south we pretty much stay in the red July-Sept. I've had two heat strokes in the last 5 years they aren't fun

heat-and-humidity.png

Oh you namby pambies. Why when I was a kid it was 120 degrees every day from March 1st to November 1st here in Kansas. Why we would have to plow the fields up hill both ways by hand. None of them fancy tractors for us by cracky. A Wiard Plow it was, and we didn't have no horses nor mules. We youngsters would pull that plow while dad followed along snapping us with the reins if we weren't pulling our fair share. Heck back then the sun would shine 20 hours a day and we would be in the fields from sunup to sundown. None of the air conditioning, or fans, or big buckets of water nor resting or such. We would each get one glass of lemonade for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That were it. Made us tough it did. Why to this day when I want to cool off I jest set the oven to 200 degrees, leave the door open and put my chair right in front of it.

Well got's to go now, the nurse says its time for my medicine. :dob: :biggrin-new: :lol:

Oh you namby pambies. Why when I was a kid ...
And the following:
  • A candy bar cost a nickel.
  • Entertainment involved whittling and hoop rolling.
  • You didn't have the internet or computers.
  • You had to walk uphill in 6-feet of snow to your school.
  • Children respected their elders.
  • Politicians were noble.
:801:

Oh you namby pambies. Why when I was a kid ...
And the following:
3 cents, bread was a nickle
Don't forget shooting marbles
Nope, but we had books a fireplace and if we were real good ma would let us take a candle to our room to read by
  • You had to walk uphill in 6-feet of snow to your school.
That was uphill BOTH ways.
Damn right, apparently you've never engaged with Mr. Hickory Switch during forceful negotiations with your backside.
Are you crazy or have you been out in the sun too long. I do believe that Samuel Clemens said it best when he stated, "Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason."
:lol:

Ha! Our usual humidity is 70+
Couple that with 90+ temp and you have East Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yes! I love it! It was a beautiful 117F (47.2 C) last week and I am ready for more! Temperature in the garage is 125f ish (51.6C). It is a little chilly right now at 83f (28.3C) until later today and this week it is only supposed to be 111F (43.8C). 😥

This is the time of year to go out and play! :)

Last edited:
They say the humidity makes a difference... I don't even want to go out when it's in the 80's! Today is clear as a bell and in the 70's which will last maybe a couple of days.

But what is with the old threads getting revived this week?? lol

edit - And whatever happened to TecBoy? And I still miss Gary, sorry we lose people like him.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back