Rabbit Stew Anyone?

crownlaurel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
he first day I got to play with my D40, we hiked to an old cabin. I do wish they'd restore it. There's a big DANGER, Do Not Enter sign and some of the floorboards are broken or missing. It is (or was) wired for electricity so someone lived in it last century. They do Pioneer Days at the Nature Preserve every year, so I am sure the stew pot out back is used for that.

rabbitstew.jpg

Here's a barn on the Nature Preserve

clintonbarn2.jpg

I like the last one, but the others don't seem very interesting to me. Maybe some added contrast or something like that could make the others more entertaining.

But I like what you did with that last shot. The trees and the red barn look nice, the only downsides are the white building on the left and the electricity wires on the left.

Keep it up.

Thanks. I didn't like the cabin photos so I removed them.

Ah. Some photos got removed. That explains it. First I thought, "Eh? RKW speaks of 'the others' when I only see two?" but now I know: now there ARE only two left. The stew pot and he big barn.

I like how you spotted that stew pot and now wonder what you did to light it in the way it is lit?
On-camera fill flash, is that it?

Yes. I don't like the flash. I was having trouble adjusting all the manual controls, trying to get some peek inside the dark cabin so I am sure I probably missed a setting.

This is the version without fill flash. I lightened it a little in editing. I have limited editing capabilities right now.

stewpot.jpg

Can't really see any of the color of it.

Sorry about removing photos. I just went back and looked at them and really hated them. I couldn't get any good shots of the cabin at all as the front door has a huge orange danger sign beside it and the wondows are boarded.

The use of fill-flash was a WISE move!
I am not critisising it in any manner, I was just wondering if THAT is where the additional light came from.
Whether it was YOUR move or that of the camera no longer matters, I like how it adds the detail to the pot it needs against that bright spot in the background.

Most reactions

Back