Racial contrasts

MatthewKern

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
You may notice that this photograph is my avatar as well. I was trying to show the contrast in skin color, but I wish I would have shot it with a higher f-stop so that both of them were in focus, but I have learned that after I take a photo and I get it on my computer there is always something that I notice that I wish I would have done differently.
contrast.jpg

P.S. Is there a limit to # of threads that you can make per day?

I like the effect anyways. I probabaly like it better with the back person a little out of focus because it keeps the perspective in place. Without it, you'd probably be spending time trying to look for other clues as to who is in front of whom.

Welcome to the forum. You can post as many threads as you'd like in a day.

Wow, I know a girl who looks EXACTLY like the girl on the right as she's going to look when she's 17. :shock:

hobbes28 said:
I like the effect anyways. I probabaly like it better with the back person a little out of focus because it keeps the perspective in place. Without it, you'd probably be spending time trying to look for other clues as to who is in front of whom.

Welcome to the forum. You can post as many threads as you'd like in a day.
Wow! This forum is so much better than "Photo Takers". I joined there yesterday and they have so many retarded rules, such as; No more than two photos per post. The combined size of both photos cannot exceed 200Kb, you can only make two threads per day... and the list goes on and on with even more ludicrous rules.
Oh, and thank you for the comment.

Of course it is... we're the best photo forum on the net. ;)

We recommend that you keep your number of photos down if at all possible just because it's hard to think of what to say after seeing x number of photos in a row. That being said, remember what I said about making as many threads as you'd like. It's easier to just break them up into different posts. The only thing we do ask is that if you have more than five pictures in a thread, please leave a 56K warning in the title so the users on dial up won't have to find out the hard way. Also, if there is material not appropriate for viewing at work, put a warning in your subject there as well (NWS will suffice). If you have any questions about posting anything, just read the stickies at the top of the gallery/section you'd like to post in. There is usually a section labelled "read here first" or something to that effect.

Have fun and can't wait to see more pictures.

Lovely double portrait of the two girls.
I'm still wondering where you were to take the photo of the volcano and this one? And I'm still wondering whether it was in Mexico or Guatemala.

I'm with the others here concerning the depth of field (DOF) in this photo: it is good the second girl (your daughter?) is a bit blurred, enhances the perspective, as others have said before me. The difference in skin and hair colours still shows nicely! Cute girls, both of them. Lovely pic.

good shot, nice expressions on thier faces. well done :thumbup:

If i didn't join this forum - i wouldn't have joined any forum.

LaFoto said:
Lovely double portrait of the two girls.
I'm still wondering where you were to take the photo of the volcano and this one? And I'm still wondering whether it was in Mexico or Guatemala.

I'm with the others here concerning the depth of field (DOF) in this photo: it is good the second girl (your daughter?) is a bit blurred, enhances the perspective, as others have said before me. The difference in skin and hair colours still shows nicely! Cute girls, both of them. Lovely pic.
I lived in El Salvador for a while. So all of my tropical looking photographs are either from El Salvador or Nicaragua. I'm living in Michigan right now, so it's like the polar opposite as far as climate. I don't know who either of the girls are, the white girl came down to El Salvador on a mission trip, and she was playing with the little girl. Haha, I'm only 19, so it would be hard for her to be my daughter. That was my job, to take photographs of the teams that would come down from churches. I also did a lot of video stuff, which I have been doing for a lot longer than photography. Thanks for the comments though.

I like the image the way it is. It seems nice and natural to me. I dont think I would change anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back