Racism C&C

Chriss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Racism.jpg

Neat concept, but I think the title restricts interpretation. There are many ways to read into this.

Also, it would be much improved if the texture on the matches was sharp. And perhaps the match on the right is too far away from the others; I would move it in closer, but still far enough away to effectively communicate the idea.

yea the title kind of kills it for me
because technically, the match wasnt made that way.

That's a very cute idea... I don't think the title's quite accurate, though.

The match tips could be sharper.

I like the posing...how the used match is leaning inwards, the leader of the pack is boldly upright while the followers are leaning back to avoid confrontation. That's how I read it anyway.
I also like how some of the matches show both slight and not-so-slight imperfections. Oh the irony. Have you thought about bringing those out in the photograph?

There's some writing near the left horizon. What does it say and why is it there?

The title doesn't work for me either.

Just because I see you do this a lot... I wasn't sure if you were aware that you can go back an edit your original posts rather than posting a whole new one just to correct your typos. :mrgreen:

:thumbup:
Kind of like...posting additionally to correct errors... for...extra "points" in postings... *Shakes head*

EDIT BUTTON +1

I also like how some of the matches show both slight and not-so-slight imperfections. Oh the irony.
Absolutely. That's why I think this picture falls flat. I would look for matchsticks that have good texture; perhaps even creating the look if need be.

Image needs to be sharp to be effective.

Ok thank you all for the feedback very much. Also, i have a noob question. Is there a way to select multiple focus points so I can guarantee each match to be in sharp focus? And is there a way to bring out the texture as you suggested?

I looks like most of them are on the same focus plane, so f/5.6 - 8 might work.

Texture - side / high-side lighting. Nothing fancy. There's texture in the original shot, it's just not sharp. ;)

Alright lemme reshoot tonight. By the way, someone asked about the writing on the surface and thats because its a shoebox. I couldnt think of how to keep the matches upright so I stabbed them in a shoebox :p

Alright lemme reshoot tonight. By the way, someone asked about the writing on the surface and thats because its a shoebox. I couldnt think of how to keep the matches upright so I stabbed them in a shoebox :p

I was wondering the same thing about the writing..

I'm not going to duplicate what the others are saying so my only other thought is that I think the burned match should look sad, I have no effing idea how you could pull that off, but "sadness" and isolation is what I think of when I look at the picture. Not so much racism. the matches don't look angry enough for that.

Yeah, I'm weird.

I wanted to say something about burn victims, but I know that would piss someone off.

I was wondering the same thing about the writing..

I'm not going to duplicate what the others are saying so my only other thought is that I think the burned match should look sad, I have no effing idea how you could pull that off, but "sadness" and isolation is what I think of when I look at the picture. Not so much racism. the matches don't look angry enough for that.

Yeah, I'm weird.

I wanted to say something about burn victims, but I know that would piss someone off.

Hows this? :p
RacismAngry.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back