voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got XM and it kicks the crap out of broadcast radio. Being a fan of good music there are quite a few stations that appeal to my eclectic taste in music. I haven't listened to a music radio station in several years.

So let this be the official satellite radio appreciation thread. Death to broadcast radio ran by the evil clearchannel corporation!!

I listen to cd's occasionally. But the $10/month is less than a cd a month easier to carry around than a huge cd wallet.

I listen to sports talk shows all day at work. It beats the monotonous replaying of songs on the music stations.

I listen to CDs at work. Will upgrade to MP3 eventually I am sure.

voodoocat said:
Death to broadcast radio ran by the evil clearchannel corporation!!

Preach on brudda!!!!

I'm a cd fan myself but itunes is a close runner up.

It’s 8-tracks all the way baby:afro: . In the car and at work mostly listen CDs and a little broadcast radio. At home often use the computer to play MP3. The problem with CD in the car is that my drive time is less than 45 min. sometimes I list to the CD for a week.

Big Mike said:
I listen to sports talk shows all day at work. It beats the monotonous replaying of songs on the music stations.
One of the reasons why satellite radio is so nice! That and no commercials... and no FCC!

I don't think we have satellite radio here. I've never looked into so can't say for sure. We do had DAB though.

I used to listen the radio a lot. But not for more than a couple of hours. They repeat the same songs over and over. Now I stick on cd's or mp3's. I don't have a tape deck or a phono any more. :oops: We've got them in the house, just I don't have one.

I bought an after-factory XM-ready unit for the Bug shortly after I got it, still haven't signed up. :mrgreen: I carry my CD's around in my groovy little case, and change them out periodically. I listen to a couple morning shows on the radio, but when the non-music begins I have a CD ready.

I think XM does a great job promoting local musicians and playing unsigned bands. :thumbup:

Cool.... XM is on my chart as well.
Which receiver did you get?

danalec99 said:
Cool.... XM is on my chart as well.
Which receiver did you get?
I got an old Roady for free actually. The output jack was broken and only needed to be soldered :D
I think we are going to get a 2nd receiver actually.

hmm at home: mp3, at the wheel: radio,
at bathroom: I sing myself :)

Most reactions

Back