TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zandz.multiply.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
tell me what you think

dsc0422od2.jpg

my bad, didn't mean to put this on pro gallery, is there someway i can move this to people photography?

Last edited:
Done! They moved! :D
And well, yes, the light you had when you took this photo was not exactly to your advantage (or theirs, for that matter), it produced strong shadows on their faces.
Personally, I don't like vignetting at all, and don't deal well with crooked angles, so this one isn't really a photo for me, but ... I'm only one out of many...!

thanks lafoto for moving it, :)

and thanks for the comments too, there's a sign "no trespassing" over there and police are just on the other side of the road so we were REALLY in a hurry in this shot.
what do you mean by crooked angles in this picture though?

The horizon behind them is inclined - the rails look like they sit on a "hill", everything's slanted to the left. That's what I mean.

oh, gotcha, didn't noticed that at first, thanks for pointing it out, i might do another session with them next week, i'll try to straighten things up.

here's some more of the pictures.
dsc0305oj9.jpg

dsc0394iz4.jpg

DSC-0439.JPG

DSC-0424.JPG

Last edited:
Light is much better on his face in the second ... but the white t-shirts might always be a bit of an exposure problem for you, since they might all throw your metre!

So you're "Zandro"? Hence "Zandman" with a Z?

I like those pants... ;)

I don't quite like the frames - seems pretty artificial. But it is very good that you are experimenting with them. They are extremely important for a proper output. Try to get bokeh with portraits.

you know, i'm thinking that first one would have had an even better impact if shot from a lower angle....
i might be wrong. heck i'm new to this... just brainstorming. ;)

i like that the shot is slanted a bit. it adds to the shot.
did you shoot in auto mode? white shirts look blown out.
take someone with you next time to hold up a reflector for you on the shadow side. or shoot later in the day.

Light is much better on his face in the second ... but the white t-shirts might always be a bit of an exposure problem for you, since they might all throw your metre!

So you're "Zandro"? Hence "Zandman" with a Z?

yup, the pictures are gonna be use for their album promotion so i need to put watermarks on it.
it's the first time i put a picture here with my name, urgh, now everybody knows me. :lol:.

they love white T's and black T's,
yea, the white shirts are really giving me a hard time to meter. so if next week will be good, i'll try to make them hold a gray paper and meter it there first. i read something about that that it would work. not too sure though but i'll try.

Last edited:
i like that the shot is slanted a bit. it adds to the shot.
did you shoot in auto mode? white shirts look blown out.
take someone with you next time to hold up a reflector for you on the shadow side. or shoot later in the day.

i don't have anybody to take with me, :(.
and i don't have a reflector too, :( that's the silver circlish thing right?
i was shooting in apperture priority 5.6, i forgot my shutter speed, iso200

i adjusted the contrast on photoshop because you can barely see the details on their face, i think i put +2 contrast and +1 brightness on the first one.

it's like 3pm when we were shooting, besides the reason that there's no trespassing in the railroad, the rain is coming and my camera isn't waterproof, so we are really in a hurry not wanting the rain and the police caught us.

I like those pants... ;)

I don't quite like the frames - seems pretty artificial. But it is very good that you are experimenting with them. They are extremely important for a proper output. Try to get bokeh with portraits.

i really don't know about framing that much, most of the framings i do is based on some photos i saw here in the site. but all of the framings i saw here, as of now i'm really digging vignettes, i find it cool, idk why.

Last edited:
i don't have anybody to take with me, :(.
and i don't have a reflector too, :( that's the silver circlish thing right?
i was shooting in apperture priority 5.6, i forgot my shutter speed, iso200

i adjusted the contrast on photoshop because you can barely see the details on their face, i think i put +2 contrast and +1 brightness on the first one.

it's like 3pm when we were shooting, besides the reason that there's no trespassing in the railroad, the rain is coming and my camera isn't waterproof, so we are really in a hurry not wanting the rain and the police caught us.

u dont have to buy an expensive silver reflector, i found out the sunshade from my wifes car works really good. ive also use a big sheet of poster board from office depot. if you dont have help take it anyways, if you do an individual shot, one of the other guys in the group can hold it for u.

you know, i'm thinking that first one would have had an even better impact if shot from a lower angle....
i might be wrong. heck i'm new to this... just brainstorming. ;)

that's my first idea like they will be looking down at me (camera).
my problem with that though is i'm having a hard time to bend so so so so low, i could kneel down the rocks on the railway but it will burn the hell out of me cuz i'm wearing shorts.

i was wondering if there's a viewfinder extension so you don't need to bend down if you want to take photos that way, is there such a thing like that?

Most reactions

Back