Rain drop (advice needed)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Killx, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Killx

Killx TPF Noob!

Big storm here at the moment so took the opportunity to have my second go at shooting rain drops. Inevitably my results are not what I am picturing in my head...either the focus is off or when it's right then my shutter speed is too slow and I get blurs. Anyone experienced with these type of shots as I would love some advice on getting a good capture.

This is the only one that warranted any interest, not a great shot but liked the drop that reflected the flash.

[​IMG]

2. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

i'm not an expert but maybe you need some sort of big light, like a flood light or powerful torch that can highlight the rain for you as it falls and also a tripod.

Did you shoot this through a window? probably best to do it outside so that you dont catch the flash reflection in the window

3. -Tatum-

-Tatum- TPF Noob!

I think raindrops terminal velocity is about 7-9 mph so just use a high sutter speed with a flash. I would set it on aperture with flash and see what the shutter speed is, ifs aorund 200+ it should work. If not go with bigger aperture