Rain Forest Explosion

Laurence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The explosion, of course, is the Spring explosion of plants! Couple the greens with the little miniature waterfalls all over the place, and it becomes photogenic.

Olympic Rain Forest, Washington

Rollei 6006 Medium Format
Zeiss Planar 80/2.8 with 2X teleconverter
Fuji Provia
f:16 and 1 second

Creek2.jpg

Very, Very nice. I love the amount of green. Since you captured the image using Medium Format, I can't imagine the picture on here does the image any justice. I'd love to see the print.

Thanks for sharing.

The shade of bright green is beautiful and speaks of spring. Love the larger leaves in the foreground, and the white appearance of the water running through the pic.

The left edge of the first clump of green to the right of the waterfall has a very blunt edge...did you do some post-processing in that area?

THANK YOU all! I appreciate the comments. Regarding the straight-edge, I see what you mean. I didn't do anything in post-processing, except Unsharp Mask at 30/1/0 and knocked the general saturation DOWN to -10.

Again, thank you.

Wow, what a beautiful shot! The colors are amazing and a 1 sec shutter speed was perfect.

empty and create: Thank you! It's a nice spot, so the image was already "made" for me.

Had to comment again that the image looks so much better on my calibrated monitor at home.

I keep coming back to look at it.

Most reactions

Back