Rain is close

Robert Kaleta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think about this one? Is it any good? I've not done many landscapes so any advice would be appreciated.

Canon 40D F18 1/80s
Two exposures blended in Gimp.

2604611208_5a8b3a068c.jpg

and colour

2603868815_f3b703ccda.jpg

EDIT
Bigger image
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/2604611208_5a8b3a068c_b.jpg

I really liked the black and white when I saw it, then I went to the color, and I really like that one as well, because the color is still suttle, so it gives you that eerie feel. I like the color better, that's me though. I like how the sky is only seen a little behind the clouds, and that blue, I love that blue. I really like it, I'm sure someone on here will nit pick for you, but they look good to me.

I really like this shot. The sky is great and the foreground just helps add to the shot! nice job, I just wish I could see it bigger

those are awesome!!!
I can't give any advice to make your stuff any better, in my opinion, these are A+...

The shot is really in that small part of your image and that centre of interest is much, much, too small, and way too far away.

You need to be much closer and use a much longer telephoto lens.

skieur

Very nice, but I'm curious as to how you tone mapped the image in Gimp. Can you briefly go over the steps on how you did it?

Thanks for all your comments. I'm really glad you like it.

taracor:
This was shot in RAW. Original image was exposed for clouds so the foreground was really dark. I've then exposed the foreground correctly in the raw converter.
In gimp i'd opened the light image and then i've put the dark image on top of it. My last step was to erase dark foreground.

Very nice, both of them! If I had to choose, I would pick the color but I think you can get away with either :)

awesome shots, my favorite is the b&w.

just wondering btw, could you get the same results by opening the original shot and bring out the foreground with the levels/curves tool? so no messing with two layers etc?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back