Rain

Michaelaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
rainbw.jpg

Cool! I like it in b&w. I feel like I am looking into this picture not just at it.

really nice... its got me in the mood to shoot some rain!

That's cool.

I don't see too many rain shots. Mostly just read complaining about it. Where I live, its been a few years since a substantial rain. I'm finding bright, sunny days nauseating.

Thanks for the break!

That's cool.

I don't see too many rain shots. Mostly just read complaining about it. Where I live, its been a few years since a substantial rain. I'm finding bright, sunny days nauseating.

Thanks for the break!

I was just thinking the same thing.
It was about 109 F. here today, and I'm sick of all this sun. I often wish California had summer storms... I need some rain, fog, and gloomy clouds right now.

Nice shot, though! I like the motion of that rain.

I was just thinking the same thing.
It was about 109 F. here today, and I'm sick of all this sun. I often wish California had summer storms... I need some rain, fog, and gloomy clouds right now.

Nice shot, though! I like the motion of that rain.

109 here too. I'm sort of disappointed to hear that- it has to be terrible up there. I always think of the area as somewhat foggy and mildly/partly gloomy with beautiful afternoons. I like to wear all black, hit the coffee shops and mingle with the other old hippie tourists wearing all black doing likewise. It's been a dozen years or so.

good shot, but it seems a bit blurred to me. slow shutter speed ?

1. try filling the frame.. next time wait for the guy with the umbrella to walk up to your proximity and freeze the moment just when he's about to leave the frame.

2. I love the depth of field in this image - the long sequence of sign boards hanging from the top, however, that is being killed by the huge empty floor on the foreground. to rectify that, try point no.1.

3. take care when you have some written objects in your frame. you see this placard on the left with a blow-horn's image & the word "great" on it ? try taking the full writing because human eyes are always allured by them. for that, crop out the moving cars (not the parked one) from the right and shift the frame leftwards.

I appreciate your effort (I see many people everyday scared to photograph in the rain lest they drenched their cameras) - keep it up !

You can all come live in Belfast, Ireland. It never stop fecking rain here.
Lol

BTW: Like the pics

Most reactions

Back