No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The original post in HDR color didn't work so well:
And can be seen here >> Late Afternoon

I thought I'd try a different, more subtle treatment:
798-at-rb-2946-48.jpg

It's just my opinion, but I like the original better. It had some interesting color. It's tough to tell that this is a rainbow in b&w.

Thanks. It's just my way of beating around the bush. I have a series of photos I'm preparing for a couple of projects that require B&W. Thought I'd give the pp a shot with this one.

I love everything on this one, except the rainbow. The lines are just sensational, something that went unnoticed when I looked at the colour version (which makes me think that the colour image might be a bit oversaturated for my old eyes). The sepia treatment and the light vignette are spot on. The added grain, although subtle, adds immensely to the mood I think.

EDIT: just put my hand over the rainbow and realised that the composition needs it there. Maybe what I don't like about the rainbow is that it seems cloned in, even when I know you didn't add it.

I love everything on this one, except the rainbow. The lines are just sensational, something that went unnoticed when I looked at the colour version (which makes me think that the colour image might be a bit oversaturated for my old eyes). The sepia treatment and the light vignette are spot on. The added grain, although subtle, adds immensely to the mood I think.

EDIT: just put my hand over the rainbow and realised that the composition needs it there. Maybe what I don't like about the rainbow is that it seems cloned in, even when I know you didn't add it.

Thanks. I keep looking back at this, and the more I like it. As far as what I'll make available for prints I'll probably go with a color, single exposure over this or the HDR. This is more of an experiment with pp technique rather than photo product. The experiment's purpose is to determine recommendations for a book a friend is writing.

The sepia and vignetting looks really cool to me, but I think I'm going to roll with something like this;

798-rb-2946-48-hs.jpg

This will save some money/trouble with publishing. It's B&W rather than a color that will differ from the text.

I probably should use an actual photo that I took for him and will in the presentation. They're really kind of boring though (desert wagon trail photos).

I dunno.....when I read "rainbow" in the b&w section...I was skeptical....but a gotta say that I love it (the 1st one)!!! But, that being said, I also love flowers done in b&w too!!!

Nice!!

:O)

#1 BW is a good edit, but the #2 BW is more to my liking, also like the it over color, the colors in the color version are very bold

I like the last one best, although they all look rather artificial.

:)

I dunno.....when I read "rainbow" in the b&w section...I was skeptical....but a gotta say that I love it (the 1st one)!!! But, that being said, I also love flowers done in b&w too!!!

Nice!!

:O)

Thanks.

#1 BW is a good edit, but the #2 BW is more to my liking, also like the it over color, the colors in the color version are very bold

Thanks Jeff. The color is a bit thick to me too.

--I probably should use an actual photo that I took for him and will in the presentation. They're really kind of boring though (desert wagon trail photos).
presentation, this statement has me thinking that #1 would work nice as some type of cover art

The first one is awesome... looks like charcoal or stencil. From the 1800's.

Second one is very forboding. Looks cool though. Pretty stark at first, then you realize there's a rainbow in there and it kinda lightens the mood.

presentation, this statement has me thinking that #1 would work nice as some type of cover art

Thanks. I'm thinking that this treatment could be used for a little book of short stories and what-not.

The first one is awesome... looks like charcoal or stencil. From the 1800's.

Second one is very forboding. Looks cool though. Pretty stark at first, then you realize there's a rainbow in there and it kinda lightens the mood.

Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back