Raindrops are falling on my head

JDBB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all, this is my new batch. Feel free to C&C.

2681113138_d86926f1e8.jpg

2679179186_e8512c5545.jpg

2678153689_78175447ac.jpg

2678935020_2fbe356cba.jpg

2678932176_a1b4fb0636.jpg

C&C Per req:

1. Neat image; I'd suggest levelling the black line from which the drops are hanging.

2. Nicely done, I like the technique, but feel the sun is just a bit strong.

3. Neat image; I would prefer to see it leveled and without the top of the umbrella cropped. The big concern I have however is the model; she really looks like she'd rather be anywhere but in front of the camera.

4. I'd suggest straightening the candle.

5. Another interesting idea, but too many small distractions. The chimmney, and satellite dish on the wall, and whatever object is just behind the umbrella that you can see the top of.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Hey tirediron,
Thank you so much for those comments. They are well appreciated.
The model, you're right. She has a very low self-esteem because of her red hair. I thought that by talking to her, maybe putting her at ease she would see that she CAN be part of a nice picture.
Plus, a lot of straigthening to be done, I agree. I just don't know how to do it in photoshop. Any help?

These are nicely done. If you want to straighten a photo in PS take the crop tool and make a loose selection by clicking and dragging around your image. If you then bring your cursor close to one of the corners you will see a curved line with an arrow at both ends that means you can click and drag the selection to tilt it in either direction. Then hit the enter/return key and it will be cropped straight.

They are obviously done very very well. For what you are doing, its better than alot of the stuff you will see on here. I wouldn't straighten anything as i feel it would take away from the interesting-ness

They are obviously done very very well. For what you are doing, its better than alot of the stuff you will see on here. I wouldn't straighten anything as i feel it would take away from the interesting-ness

Wow thank you so much. That Nikon D40 works wonders :)

Most reactions

Back