Raindrops into a puddle

Moodyville-ain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Playing with my 50mm 1.8 on a rainy day. I saw rain dripping from a roof into a puddle making big splashes. Thought it would be fun to try and capture it.

4667899402_5ee062620c_b.jpg

4667899054_1ffc3100b7_b.jpg

4667898804_02efe8a40f_b.jpg

4667921846_51de18bc4c_b.jpg

All with a 50mm 1.8 @1.8 ISO=400 Tv=1/500

neat shots!

I like the second one best I wish the first one wasnt such a tight crop but its still nice :D

I really like the third one. I don't have an technical comments to add, just that it really jumps. I can almost hear the rain :)

Thanks for the comments :)

neat shots!
thanks

I like the second one best I wish the first one wasnt such a tight crop but its still nice :D

When I was reviewing my shots I noticed the reflection in the first shot, stopped suddenly. To me it gave it a ying-yang look to it so I tried to emphasize that look by cropping it super tight, square and tilted. Maybe it works maybe it doesn't. I like to experiment. Thanks for your comments.

The focus seems off in most of them

I had to use manual focus, as AF was totally impossible. So I had to anticipate where the drops would fall, and focus there. Coupled with the shallow DOF from 1.8, made it pretty hard. Still I'm happy with the results, even though improvements can be made. I'm actually waiting for the next rain so I can try again :)

I really like the third one. I don't have an technical comments to add, just that it really jumps. I can almost hear the rain :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back