Rainy Day and a Pentax K1000

shinellie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody! New kid here!
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Discussion and Q & A section… so I did both! Sorry!

Anyway, it's raining today but I need to shoot photo's! I was wondering how waterproof a Pentax K1000 is?
I've only started film photography in the last 3 months, so I'm not sure if water damages an analogue camera?
If water is damaging, does anyone have any idea's on waterproofing (DIY please!)?

Thank you!

EDIT: Not sure if this is helpful (probably isn't) but I'm shooting black and white with ISO 400 :)

I don't think older cameras like that are very water proof. It's small enough to put a plastic bag over the body.

Posting the same thing in multiple areas will get one of them locked down.

-Hunt.

Water will damage most cameras if it is in excess. I have taken many cmeras on the Maid of the Mist, under Niagara Falls, and there is a lot of water there. I hold the camera under my jacket until I want to take a picture and then shoot quick. Dry off the camera to the best of your ability and do what is possible to keep it as dry as possible. The K1000 is a simple and duirable camera.

Mechanical cameras rock. The K1000 is a rugged beast but it has to draw the line somewhere.
I like the sound of the plastic bag technique. You can get some nice reflections when the ground is wet. A linear polarising filter can be used to enhance this effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back