Rainy day in NW

yusia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The day didn't start that bad, there was even a bit of sun here and there, but then the wind started and in a few minutes came just a wall of rain.
Everybody was hiding, so was I, and I had my camera with me.
What do you think of that shot?

girls.jpg

Verbal said:
I really like it! It would look SO great as a black and white shot!
Thanks! Maybe I can make BW from it in the Photoshop? Or it will not be the same?

:thumbup:

ok, i can tell b&w is a must for this, but now we need to work on the blown area in the street. did you utilize any of the methods outlined in the thread?

JonMikal said:
:thumbup:

ok, i can tell b&w is a must for this, but now we need to work on the blown area in the street. did you utilize any of the methods outlined in the thread?

yusia, try your channel mixer at 120-60-(-80) from the originally posted color image - make sure you check "Monochrome". This helps your blown out area stay in control. Then, go to levels and slide the left arrow ever so slightly to the right until your blacks (especially in the girls' silhouetted areas) become richer (darker). Don't try to save detail in those dark areas.

Then post the results for us to see - this image is very nice and I believe JonMikal is right in that the post production can make it even better...

Tuna

I actually prefer the color version here. The colors are so muted that they are not distracting, and it adds a nice touch to the rainy view. :)

Nice image!

no, the tones look good. however, if you want to lighten the children, use the dodge tool at 20-25%

yusia said:
Thanks, Tuna!
Isn't it too dark?

Not for me. It tells a more dramatic story, in my opinion, this way. But we will let the forum decide their preferences...

Nice work.

Tuna

I tried to improve the dark corner. You were right, JonMikal -I like it black and white!
FH000037bw1.jpg

Tuna said:
Not for me. It tells a more dramatic story, in my opinion, this way. But we will let the forum decide their preferences...

Nice work.

Tuna

exactly!

Tuna said:
Not for me. It tells a more dramatic story, in my opinion, this way. Tuna
Maybe my monitor is too dark. Tuna, thank you very much - I had no idea about channel mixer before! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back