Rally for Canada

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Braved the elements and went to the Anti Coalition rally at Queens Park. Just some images from my walk around there. Most of the Canucks on here will know what these are aboot...eh?

This guy had a flag draped over a bench.
432251967_a8rPg-M.jpg

Here he proudly waves it​

432251946_TrkJ3-M.jpg

One of the speakers John Tory being interviewed by the media.​
432253292_TQVnD-M.jpg

This guy pretty much said it all.​
432252007_TWBXo-M.jpg

Some signs​
432251987_VVYZ3-M.jpg

While this rally was going on in protest of the coalition, another was going on at City Hall, in favour of it. This guy decided it was a good idea to come over. He got a strict warning from the Poh-leece, but was allowed to stay. A few people confronted him, but nothing happened. Like a good idiot, I followed him for a bit, hoping something might break, but I think it was too cold. :lol:
432261098_3aa6A-M.jpg

I thought this looked cool. The big Canadian flag above the signs,​
432253170_uxtqw-M.jpg

Typical politician grin. Trust no one. This is Peter Kent​
432253219_jgAnX-M.jpg

Probably my favorite image of the day, shot during the playing of our national anthem.​
432252016_BpbQp-M.jpg

Sorry for so many images in one thread...did not feel like making two threads. :er:​

Last edited:
Some good shots there Chiller... We had a couple of rallies in our town as well.
Certainly is an interesting time in Canadian politics...eh?

Some good shots there Chiller... We had a couple of rallies in our town as well.
Certainly is an interesting time in Canadian politics...eh?

Thanks Capt. Yeah, it was an interesting rally. The turn out was pretty good, considering the schmengy weather. Looks like some interesting stuff on our horizon eh? We can say that all we want here..it is our thread. :lol::lol:

I think that showing photos of right wing political rallies in Canada violates the hot button politics rule.

skieur

Shalst we have this thread deleted?

I don't think it violates anything. The OP was not promoting or condemning, he was just showing pictures.

I don't think it violates anything. The OP was not promoting or condemning, he was just showing pictures.

Oh, then perhaps we should discuss his participation in a right wing Canadian rally and I should find some photos of the rallies that support the Coalition against the Conservatives and Harper.

By the way, the title is inflammatory since it is not a Rally for Canada at all. It is a rally for the right wing.

skieur

Oh, then perhaps we should discuss his participation in a right wing Canadian rally and I should find some photos of the rallies that support the Coalition against the Conservatives and Harper.

skieur
Never said I participated..I just went there and took pictures. I went to the other one too, but they had already closed up shop. :D These are just my images and not my beliefs.

Never said I participated..I just went there and took pictures. I went to the other one too, but they had already closed up shop. :D These are just my images and not my beliefs.

Tell me another one. We can see where you spent ALL your time. The photographic emphasis on the TEXT of the signs rather than the people reveals your right wing politica beliefs.

skieur

Unfortunatly, both rallys were on the same time. I took public transit and had to walk from Queens Park to City Hall. I did not care which rally I shot first . I just happened to do this one first. I could care less about them. I dont believe in Religion , or politics for that matter. All I did was go shoot some pictures...gheesh. :lmao:

oh...as for the title..that is what the web site called it.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly, both rallys were on the same time. I took public transit and had to walk from Queens Park to City Hall. I did not care which rally I shot first . I just happened to do this one first. I could care less about them. I dont believe in Religion , or politics for that matter. All I did was go shoot some pictures...gheesh. :lmao:

What you shot was signs reflecting your views. That emphasis is obvious from your photos and oblique comments. Text alone does not even make a journalistic shot, so who are you trying to kid?

skieur

Whatever you think my friend is up to you. I just shoot what I see. They might be my visions, but not my views.

I agree with Crosby...it seems to me that Chiller is just showing images from a rally he observed, and he is neither promoting nor condemning the position the attendees were taking. His statement that the shots are 'just some images from my walk around there' highlights this. He merely 'documented' (photographed) what he saw. And he did it rather well, too, in my view. [Personally, I especially like the 'We Voted' photograph.]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back