Rally for Canada

It kinda helps that i live in the US, so I dont find this "hot button" at all.

I love that **** eatin grin on #8. overall good pics!

I agree with Crosby...it seems to me that Chiller is just showing images from a rally he observed, and he is neither promoting nor condemning the position the attendees were taking. His statement that the shots are 'just some images from my walk around there' highlights this. He merely 'documented' (photographed) what he saw. And he did it rather well, too, in my view. [Personally, I especially like the 'We Voted' photograph.]

Even the media have a fairness ethic. You don't present one side of politics visually or on television without the other side. So, moderators, is politics off or on. If it is on, then we need to see photos of the Pro-Coalition Rallys.

skieur

It kinda helps that i live in the US, so I dont find this "hot button" at all.

I love that **** eatin grin on #8. overall good pics!

That is the photo of a Conservative right wing member of parliment and former television commentator. His vested interest is in the Anti-Coalition forces, since it would cost him in seat in parliament if the Pro-Coalition group takes over.

By the way, I understand that the Anti-Coalition group was made up largely of white males. Perhaps that is why there are no photos of the make-up of the crowd from the front. Of course the worker and women bashing aspects of the Conservative economic statement may have had something to do with the nature of the crowd too.

skieur

So, if this had been posted in the photojournalism forum, would that have sufficed skieur? Obviously a "photojournalist" can't be in two places at the same time and only cover one event at a time, regardless of fairness ethics. Does this also mean that "photojournalist" of events only document what they believe in? The text on the signs only reflect other peoples beliefs and opinions, not the photographer.

To make it "fair" in your eyes, why don't you post photos of the rally you went or stfu. It was nowhere near a political thread until you decided to join.

/rant

I AM THREAD KILLER..... HEAR ME [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ3eZ50Wa0M&feature=related"]ROAR[/ame]!!!!

:peacemrgreen:

(sometimes I crack myself up...... pleasure to have been of service........)

Wow this is a photography forum not a political forum. Photography can be about ANYTHING or anyone. It's art.
I think these are great shots regardless of what or who they represent. Chiller continues to display his interesting and high calibre photography. I look forward to his next series.

Skieur,

This wasn't a political thread until you made it one.

:er: I agree.... :er:

..............................................................................................

....Oh, and those shots are wonderful Chill!!! Especially 4, 5, 7 and 8!!

:sexywink:

Wow... The argument about the content of the photography representing the views of the photographer is rather weak. On a similar note, one can argue that shooting a wedding suggests that you believe in marriage. And if one does the cliche shot of a ring on an open bible, the photographer agrees with the text contained within? And the posting of the wedding photos on this site -- does that constitute a 'sociological' post that states the political views on marriage and the Bible?

On the other hand, if this set was had only left-wing content, would there honestly have been any comment about being for political gain?

Also, I've seen sets in the photojournalism gallery of the RNC and DNC -- clearly political events... But was that a 'political' post?

The photos here are fair game. And if the post title is the event title, it would be stupid to change it. After all, if the event is called "Rally for Canada," would it be ethical to title it "Rally for Right Wing Canadians?" That's like calling "Jane & John's Wedding" to "The Ceremony End of the end Freedom for John"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back