Ranch Motel

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went chasing a storm yesterday afternoon. I pass this place on the highway all the time. The mood yesterday just suited it...finally
winking0001.gif
This is another HDR, so that did most of the post work for me. After that, I just brought out the whites, clipped the blacks a bit and and bumped the contrast.

I'm pretty sure I could tweak this and turn it into the 'Bates Motel'

126403018-O.jpg

ALL good.
ALL very impressive.
I do want to know how to do HDRs!
And I want more lenses.
Like a very wide wide angle lens - like this one.
For example.
And then I want your "eye" for things and ... no!
I DON'T want this kind of weather any longer! [ tantrum] No! No! No! [/tantrum ]

Went chasing a storm yesterday afternoon.

I'm so jealous... what type of storm was the forcast? From my recolection of some of your previous posts, I would guess you live in the western part a America... I have never heard of a supercell or tornado in the winter time...

I love this shot by the way... Great mood to it... Those clouds have great constrast... I have found it hard to get a lot of detail in the clouds, but you do it very well...

I like the tonality of the photo, also the effect generated by the lens. In general you have obtained a very attractive scene. Good work friend.
Spectacular sky.
Greetings from Spain.

Thank you all very much!

LaFoto, this one was shot at 10mm.

You're right Chris, I'm in California. A 'storm' here, is usually nothing more that rain, wind and lightning. With the occasional snow storm where I was at. I was just hoping for some good cloud cover and maybe some low snow on the mountains.

Sebastian, this image was only done with 3 photos. For me, it's easier to do an HDR in darker environments, than it is in lighter environments. You can always use longer exposures and noise reduction, but it's very hard to eliminate the bright sun.

very nice, the HDR works great here.... looks like a very moody place to stay! good capture woods :thumbup:

Nice shot, i really need to learn up on HDR
Luke

Love this image. Everything supports the mood ur going for...

What r u using to put the HDR together? Photoshop or Photomatix?

thanks for posting this image..

Thanks Mat.
Start with this link

Hey seemoo...I just got done replying to your hdr thread...love it :D
I'm using Photomatix. I've only done a couple with PS, and I should probably give it a few more times. I like the control of Photomatix.

thanks for ur comments on my thread. Glad u like the pics.

I use Photomatix as well, but wish it would give even more control. So that you can control only parts of the image and not the whole image at the same time... Maybe in the next version...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back